Professor refuses to apologise for joke. Watch

ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
They were in an elevator. He said "Ladies' lingerie" at a stop (a classic joke, referencing department stores), and that was literally it.
:wtf:

The only reason she could be so pissed is if she had sharted and got embarrassed he was calling attention to it.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Utterly pathetic - doing a real disservice to her colleagues who are fighting genuine issues of sexism
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
...who are fighting genuine issues of sexism
Debatable.
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Correct me if I'm wrong. But flicking through that article I couldn't find an actual quote telling me what the joke was.

Seems to be a trend of news outlets saying x was offensive without ever telling you what x was
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She'd probably have a heart attack if she saw that Father Ted episode where they get lost in the lingerie department. :ahee:
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hehe. Ladies lingerie floor. Lmfao. Now that's a joke I can laugh at.

But let's all admit. He looks like a ****ing rapist. That creepy smile...
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
They were in an elevator. He said "Ladies' lingerie" at a stop (a classic joke, referencing department stores), and that was literally it.
I do that when I go on lifts in tower blocks on council estates. I say, Penthouse Suite please

lol

next time someone asks "which floor?" Im gonna say "your mum's house." :cyber:
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In other related news, I scratched my left testicle this morning as I was getting out of bed. It was itchy. Hope this makes the news.
AngeryPenguin
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hypofato)
One of the main worries I have of going to university is making a joke or something and then idiots like this woman take it to the reporting stage that will no doubt have me kicked out or something.

It is getting silly now, it is like this woman and others like her want to be treated like children.
Then don't make sexist 'jokes'. Not that hard.
TCA2b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Utterly pathetic - doing a real disservice to her colleagues who are fighting genuine issues of sexism
By creating a whole new generation of sexists?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
She'd probably have a heart attack if she saw that Father Ted episode where they get lost in the lingerie department. :ahee:
:toofunny: when they bumped into other priests looking at knickers...
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
In other related news, I scratched my left testicle this morning as I was getting out of bed. It was itchy. Hope this makes the news.
"Itchy Scrot Epidemic Ravages UK" - The Daily Mail
cat_mac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Meanwhile my dumbass doesn’t even get the joke. Or is it just not funny? What’s funny about a lingerie store? :goodnight:
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
I do that when I go on lifts in tower blocks on council estates. I say, Penthouse Suite please

lol

next time someone asks "which floor?" Im gonna say "your mum's house." :cyber:
I like to break the ice with strangers in a lift by suggesting that the cables holding us up aren't much thicker than a pencil. Never really goes down that well come to think of it.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
But...no one needs to hear that :noway:

CleverSquirrel doesn't like penis jokes

(Original post by Axiomasher)
I like to break the ice with strangers in a lift by suggesting that the cables holding us up aren't much thicker than a pencil. Never really goes down that well come to think of it.
:indiff: that would be ****ing hilarious
username1732491
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hypofato)
One of the main worries I have of going to university is making a joke or something and then idiots like this woman take it to the reporting stage that will no doubt have me kicked out or something.

It is getting silly now, it is like this woman and others like her want to be treated like children.
I wouldn’t worry about it. People like this are in the minority; even if someone does complain about a harmless joke, most people will support you. Universities are mostly left-wing, but most students have a decent capacity for critical thinking (at least the competitive ones), which is often why they got there.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
her complaint about the lingerie joke is pants.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
maybe he's done this stuff before but now she's finally reported at the chance shes got since nowadays it's gung ho and quite easy to report someone for sexual stuff, which is mostly good but sometimes petty.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Then don't make sexist 'jokes'. Not that hard.
this wasnt sexist, it was sexual if that. If he answered which level to take him to by saying "take me to my next victim" then I'd get it lol Id prob press the emergency button myself.
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
But...no one needs to hear that :noway:

CleverSquirrel doesn't like penis jokes

:indiff: that would be ****ing hilarious
Name:  please madame.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  41.8 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (45)
67.16%
No I haven't decided yet (15)
22.39%
Yes but I might change my mind (7)
10.45%

Watched Threads