Im capable of higher maths although i have been entered for foundation.

Watch
username3956946
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hello, i have been entered for foundation maths although i am capable of doing higher maths, my exams are in 2 weeks, the exam board that my school is doing is edexcel, there is a change fee for it although i was wondering if it is too late, anyone know?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's not impossible to change but it is very expensive - around £120 I think though I don't have the fees list to hand.
username3956946
Rep:
?
it is really costly, but i guess its worth it, i am able to pay that although do you think i have time? all my other exams start on Monday too, thanks for the response btw.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lowfloat)
it is really costly, but i guess its worth it, i am able to pay that although do you think i have time? all my other exams start on Monday too, thanks for the response btw.
You'd have to talk to your school and persuade them to elt you change.
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're certain that you're capable of higher and it's important enough to you that you're willing to pay the fee then I'd do it. Idk though because it depends on your reasons for not wanting to do foundation. If it's extremely likely you'll pass and there's a chance you'll get higher than a pass then it's justified. If you're only ever gonna pass then you might as well just do the easier paper
username3956946
Rep:
?
So, its not too late to change?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So, its not too late to change?
The entry can be changed on the day if the centre is willing and someone is prepared to pay the cost. Do consider that it is in your teachers interests to help you get the best grade you can and they will have a reason for entering you for Foundation.
username3956946
Rep:
?
yh, i understand that its in their best interest, although i have been doing higher for 2 years and the teacher moves me down as the result of a bad grade.
Iahmed512
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yh, i understand that its in their best interest, although i have been doing higher for 2 years and the teacher moves me down as the result of a bad grade.
One bad grade or more than one? Have you been doing better in the rest?
Dreamer20
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
enter yourself as private candidiate for higher maths next year. its too late to cover the higher topics now anyway

i was originally entered for foundation

got a D

took higher maths in sixth form

got A

took a-level maths on gap year

got A
username3956946
Rep:
?
one bad grade, got most of my other grades 5-6 without revising.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (68)
30.49%
No (155)
69.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise