Geography Paper 3, pre release booklet Watch

xkieraxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Assuming the 9 mark (+3 spag) question for the release booklet will be "do you think the reservoir should go ahead?" does anyone have any idea how to answer this and get full marks, or any sample paragraphs they've wrote?
tellbell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xkieraxo)
Assuming the 9 mark (+3 spag) question for the release booklet will be "do you think the reservoir should go ahead?" does anyone have any idea how to answer this and get full marks, or any sample paragraphs they've wrote?
I was thinking the exact same to be to be honest.
I don't have any samples but think you would just decide yes or no then using the booklet back up your choice using the stakeholders then give a reason why some people would disagree with you again by using the booklet then finish off with an evaluation.
I was also thinking it could possibly ask 'What impact will the reservoir have?' where you would have to talk about positives/negatives including the social environmental and economic factors. Do you think this is more of a 6 or 9 marker?
gingembread
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the 'should it go ahead' question, we were told to clearly state what our opinion is (I believe there are tick boxes?), consider the social, economic and environmental for our opinion (yes/no), then the same for the opposite view, then give a conclusion. We were also advised to prepare some other facts, so we could add in our own knowledge - I found the GARD website helpful for this but I'm sure there's plenty more out there. (:
Physicsqueen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xkieraxo)
I would treat it as a "How far do you agree question", and do a practice answer and ask you geography teacher to read it and give an approximate mark.
xkieraxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by tellbell)
I was thinking the exact same to be to be honest.
I don't have any samples but think you would just decide yes or no then using the booklet back up your choice using the stakeholders then give a reason why some people would disagree with you again by using the booklet then finish off with an evaluation.
I was also thinking it could possibly ask 'What impact will the reservoir have?' where you would have to talk about positives/negatives including the social environmental and economic factors. Do you think this is more of a 6 or 9 marker?
I know the question at the end will be a 9 marker, but yeah it could for sure ask about the impacts as well, however looking at past papers and asking my teachers, that would probably be 6 marks because you couldn't go into so much depth with that question, that would be something you'd input into if the reservoir should go ahead i think, because then you could draw a conclusion making it more of a 9 mark question
xkieraxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Physicsqueen)
I would treat it as a "How far do you agree question", and do a practice answer and ask you geography teacher to read it and give an approximate mark.
Yeah i'll do that, thank you!
xkieraxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by gingembread)
For the 'should it go ahead' question, we were told to clearly state what our opinion is (I believe there are tick boxes?), consider the social, economic and environmental for our opinion (yes/no), then the same for the opposite view, then give a conclusion. We were also advised to prepare some other facts, so we could add in our own knowledge - I found the GARD website helpful for this but I'm sure there's plenty more out there. (:
Thank you, i'll check out that website, and do a few practise answers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (13)
39.39%
I really love the subject (10)
30.3%