username3953918
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I’m going to start studying economics and law at heriot watt in September 2018, I’m going straight into year 2. Can anyone give me advice as to what books may be good to buy? I was thinking a business law Scotland book but not sure. Has anyone found a book whilst doing the course that has helped them no end? Many thanks
Advertisement
The Financier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by username3953918)
Hi, I’m going to start studying economics and law at heriot watt in September 2018, I’m going straight into year 2. Can anyone give me advice as to what books may be good to buy? I was thinking a business law Scotland book but not sure. Has anyone found a book whilst doing the course that has helped them no end? Many thanks
Your course should provide a module list which comes with required/recommended textbooks. That will probably provide better information than what we can advise.
Heriot-Watt University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hello there,

Great to hear you're joining us in September, I hope you're looking forward to it!

I saw your question on here so I ran in past one of our Business Law lecturers and she recommended a few textbooks you might want to consider getting a head start on. These were:

- Business Law in Scotland, ed. Gillian Black, publ. W. Green

- Scots Law: A Student Guide, by Busby, Clark et al, ed. Richard Mays, publ. T & T Clark

And most importantly is this one as it's written by our own lecturers and is effectively the recommended text:

- Commercial Law in a Global Context ed. Yvonne McLaren & Josephine Bisacre, publ. Goodfellow Publishers Ltd

All the proceeds of this text go to Heriot-Watt's Go Global bursaries to help students who want to do campus transfers to our Dubai and Malaysia campuses during their studies.

Just let me know if you have any further questions. I hope this is helpful. See you on campus!

Daniel (School of Social Sciences Admissions)
Advertisement
ZaynBN
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hi, I just wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind.. The thing is that I would love to study economics but I really don't like maths. So.. what's economics and law?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed