The Student Room Group

What age would you like to get married?

No younger than 30 for me (Female)
and I have to be in love which probably won't happen.
I also don't care about many people and marriage itself.

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Relic
No younger than 30 for me (Female)
and I have to be in love which probably won't happen.
I also don't care about many people and marriage itself.

Thoughts?

I want to get married in my early 20's and have kids in my late 20's and early 30's. I want around 5 years to go pass so I can see if having children with my spouse is the best option. Having a child with someone, changes everything and leaving the person is much harder since you have to focus on what is the best for the child. I want around 5 kids or more, I want a biggg family.

And in terms of what you said, I'd say don't give up on finding love but start caring about people and marriage because the years go by fast and by the time you know it you'll be over 30.
25-28
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I want to get married in my early 20's and have kids in my late 20's and early 30's. I want around 5 years to go pass so I can see if having children with my spouse is the best option. Having a child with someone, changes everything and leaving the person is much harder since you have to focus on what is the best for the child. I want around 5 kids or more, I want a biggg family.

And in terms of what you said, I'd say don't give up on finding love but start caring about people and marriage because the years go by fast and by the time you know it you'll be over 30.

EARLY 20's????

What about your career?

Being in love with somebody has nothing to do with children. You should stay together because you love eachother not for the children thats so silly.
Female, 23-28; a little earlier would be better so I don't have to worry about marriage when I am older.
Original post by Applepiex3
Female, 23-28; a little earlier would be better so I don't have to worry about marriage when I am older.

Why would you have to "worry" about marriage lol?
EARLY 20's????

What about your career?

Being in love with somebody has nothing to do with children. You should stay together because you love eachother not for the children thats so silly.

I will be going to university and working too, I can still get married and have a career lol. That's matter of opinion but that's what people do from where I'm from. You can always fall in and out of love but children are here to stay permanently.
Well there is someone who I really care about and not sure how they feel about me anymore-going through a rough patch.But if I could I would marry them at the drop of a hat..:/
Reply 8
Couldn't care less.
I want around 5 kids or more, I want a biggg family.

I mean, sorry to ask, but don't you think that's a bit irresponsible?

Just think about it. The more children you have, the more you and your partner will have to work to support such a large family. However, that then means that you will get to spend less time with them individually, which is crucial.

Do you really think the two of you will be able to balance work and family that well? Especially with five or more children?
I will be going to university and working too, I can still get married and have a career lol. That's matter of opinion but that's what people do from where I'm from. You can always fall in and out of love but children are here to stay permanently.

Of course.

I think you need to separate true love in a marriage from children. You shouldn't stay together for your children this is a bad idea and children need happy parents. Its actually quite dangerous to be honest.
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
Well there is someone who I really care about and not sure how they feel about me anymore-going through a rough patch.But if I could I would marry them at the drop of a hat..:/

A rough patch?
30-33. If I ever get married in the first place. :rolleyes:
Original post by Withengar
I mean, sorry to ask, but don't you think that's a bit irresponsible?

Just think about it. The more children you have, the more you and your partner will have to work to support such a large family. However, that then means that you will get to spend less time with them individually, which is crucial.

Do you really think the two of you will be able to balance work and family that well? Especially with five or more children?

No problem, you can ask away. That's ideally what I would like but obviously depending on who I marry or how my lifestyle is at that point in time, I will have to think about how many children will be appropriate.

Of course.

I think you need to separate true love in a marriage from children. You shouldn't stay together for your children this is a bad idea and children need happy parents. Its actually quite dangerous to be honest.

I don't think true love exists and I do believe it can be dangerous but everything can work if you can make it work.
No problem, you can ask away. That's ideally what I would like but obviously depending on who I marry or how my lifestyle is at that point in time, I will have to think about how many children will be appropriate.

I don't think true love exists and I do believe it can be dangerous but everything can work if you can make it work.

If you don't believe true love exists why on earth are you going to get married?

No its incredibly dangerous. So if a woman was abused my her husband she should stay in the marriage for the children? This is concerning.
Reply 15
I don't.
Original post by gjd800
I don't.

May I ask why?

Spoiler

Reply 17
May I ask why?

Spoiler

Sure - I don't see the point in it. I don't have a religious conviction that demands I need to do it and I don't think there's anything else that'd sway me, to be honest.
Reply 18
22-25 hopefully
Original post by gjd800
Sure - I don't see the point in it. I don't have a religious conviction that demands I need to do it and I don't think there's anything else that'd sway me, to be honest.

God! I know right. I don't even know why people get married its a load of crap. Its so ancient and weird. Its the norm but with weddings I think people just want to show off - most of them are not truly in love anyway. I guess its just the next step for them.

Sometimes I wish I could just run away, read philosophy books and play chess but I know I can't :/

Quick Reply

Latest