Have i been accused of cheating on an exam

Watch this thread
Xyzabc12341000
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I had an exam a few days ago and an incident occurred when i think i may have been accused of cheating.

So what happened was that the exam finished and stopped writing as instructed. The invigilator came over and helped me attach any additional things i have used to be exam paper. Part of a question was to fill out a graph on a separate sheet of paper and attach it with the paper with a tag.

Anyway you guys must have done exams at some point and youll know that you want to make everything clear on an exam paper for the person marking. So i just wanted to make a note on the exam paper that i have attached the graph to the exam paper so the examiner knows i have attached it (again just to make things extra clear). I asked the invigilator if it was okay to do so and she said it was okay and she waited for me to make a note so she could collect the paper.

Anyway, the question asked to present the graph i.e attach the graph to the paper.So nothing had to be written to answer the question. i was going to write on the paper "has been attached to exam paper". I only managed to write "has" before the invigilator snatched the exam paper off me and shouted at me to tell me that i cannot start a question after the exam has ended and that "you could get disqualified for that" and she walked off. I tried to call her back to explain that i was not answering a question but making a note as she allowed me to do but she just ignored me and walked off.

So i just want to know, has she reported it and will i be accused of cheating or has she just left it. Because she didn't exactly come back to me saying hat she will report it or anything but she did seem pretty peeved especially when she was walking away and i was trying to call her back and explain that i was not answering a question.

If this case does get reported, i am not too worried about it because CCTV footage can confirm what i said along with the exam paper. Every question on the paper was finished and only 1 word was written on the question where it asked you to attach the graph. And the footage will be able to show a conversation between the invigilator taking place and her allowing me to open my exam paper to write something before she snatched it off me and walked off. Also a little common sense as well for those considering the case because lets be honest, which idiot will be stupid enough to try and answer a question after time is up whilst an invigilator is standing write over them waiting to collect their paper?

But i just want to know, have i been accused of cheating or did she just have a go at me and then walk off and do nothing about it afterwards. Should she have made me aware if she was to accuse me or has she just let it go?
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Xyzabc12341000)
Hi,

I had an exam a few days ago and an incident occurred when i think i may have been accused of cheating.

So what happened was that the exam finished and stopped writing as instructed. The invigilator came over and helped me attach any additional things i have used to be exam paper. Part of a question was to fill out a graph on a separate sheet of paper and attach it with the paper with a tag.

Anyway you guys must have done exams at some point and youll know that you want to make everything clear on an exam paper for the person marking. So i just wanted to make a note on the exam paper that i have attached the graph to the exam paper so the examiner knows i have attached it (again just to make things extra clear). I asked the invigilator if it was okay to do so and she said it was okay and she waited for me to make a note so she could collect the paper.

Anyway, the question asked to present the graph i.e attach the graph to the paper.So nothing had to be written to answer the question. i was going to write on the paper "has been attached to exam paper". I only managed to write "has" before the invigilator snatched the exam paper off me and shouted at me to tell me that i cannot start a question after the exam has ended and that "you could get disqualified for that" and she walked off. I tried to call her back to explain that i was not answering a question but making a note as she allowed me to do but she just ignored me and walked off.

So i just want to know, has she reported it and will i be accused of cheating or has she just left it. Because she didn't exactly come back to me saying hat she will report it or anything but she did seem pretty peeved especially when she was walking away and i was trying to call her back and explain that i was not answering a question.

If this case does get reported, i am not too worried about it because CCTV footage can confirm what i said along with the exam paper. Every question on the paper was finished and only 1 word was written on the question where it asked you to attach the graph. And the footage will be able to show a conversation between the invigilator taking place and her allowing me to open my exam paper to write something before she snatched it off me and walked off. Also a little common sense as well for those considering the case because lets be honest, which idiot will be stupid enough to try and answer a question after time is up whilst an invigilator is standing write over them waiting to collect their paper?

But i just want to know, have i been accused of cheating or did she just have a go at me and then walk off and do nothing about it afterwards. Should she have made me aware if she was to accuse me or has she just let it go?
I'm pretty confident she has let it go

Usually they go check your candidate number and full name

And then a staff member from the School would talk to you about it

If it's been a few days and nothing has happened, then I doubt you've been reported
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i think maybe she just had a go at you, if do end up getting reported then just explain your situation, but honestly even if you didn’t write the note i’m sure the examiner will be able to recognise that the piece of paper is a part of that specific question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
30.56%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
36.11%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (6)
8.33%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.56%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
12.5%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.39%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.39%

Watched Threads