Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

I have a hp pavillion dv8000 laptop, when i bought it, it came with xp (no disk as theres a hp recovery drive)

but i recently installed vista and want to move back to xp (format the hdd but keep the os xp)

anyone know how to do this, iv tried F9 - F12 and it dont work

my system restore only goes back a few weeks aswell not the first ever time i had to my laptop (factory settings)

any help would be greatly appreciated

edit-
    is there a prg out there to clean vista as if it new

ReputationRep:
    Just whack the XP disk in and do a full install of XP.

ReputationRep:
    i dont have xp cd, the laptop never came with one because there is a copy of xp on a secret hp hdd which i cannot access, so when i want to restore xp you have to go on that but its not working, even though i know its there but its full

ReputationRep:
    Ask somebody who knows more, then. Like Microsoft or HP help.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a "secret hard drive" as such, just a hidden partition. Ring HP for help/refer to some HP forums, they should hold the answer.

Alternatively *cough* I strongly advise against obtaining an XP disk off a friend and reinstalling using it and your XP serial as that would be very illegal and generally naughty *cough*.

ReputationRep:
    *cough* i would never have done that with the vista on my laptop *cough*

the xp was originally mine but *cough* i wont get a xp cd from a friend and try it, never*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 6, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.