The Student Room Group

Girls what are your thoughts when you make eye contact with a random guy?

So im in uni and if i’m looking at a girl and she looks back at me I always look away and never make eye contact. I don’t why I do this, maybe because I assume they will be thinking wtf is he looking at.

So girls what are your thoughts when a random guy you see in your school or uni is looking at you then makes eye contact (Not for a long time just 2 or 3 seconds)? What do you think? Do you just brush it off as nothing or do you assume the guy looks you, I really don’t know.
Reply 1
I don't think many people put too much thought into what they think when they look at a person for 2-3 seconds really? I mean if I became so conscious about who I'm looking and for how long, I'd literally go paranoid. Just live your life freely, and don't worry about these tiny moments! :smile:
Hmm this really depends on the guy. There are some guys that just don't stop staring when you catch them and that I find weird but otherwise I probably think the guy is attracted to me because of thats one of the reasons why I stare at guys secretly hehe. So if you like a girl and she catches you staring just give her a small smile or wave. unless shes rude and not friendly, she'll probably return the gesture. Hope this is somewhat useful
Reply 3
I don´t think it's weird or anything, people are busy and most of them don't really notice or think about , sometimes i'm lost in my own thoughts and it turns out im looking at a guy but not really xD
If she's staring, she probably likes you.

When I see guys staring back, I just assume they r zoned out
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So im in uni and if i’m looking at a girl and she looks back at me I always look away and never make eye contact. I don’t why I do this, maybe because I assume they will be thinking wtf is he looking at.

So girls what are your thoughts when a random guy you see in your school or uni is looking at you then makes eye contact (Not for a long time just 2 or 3 seconds)? What do you think? Do you just brush it off as nothing or do you assume the guy looks you, I really don’t know.

I was in the gym today, I was on some random machine doing weights whilst listening to my music through my headphones. I have memorised some lyrics in Latin and I was trying to remember them as they were being sung, as I was in public I didn't sing out loud but in my head. Anyway whilst I was in my own little world I must've been staring at some girl the whole time because she came up to me and started talking and said she could see me staring at her :K: weird conversation and a little bit of confusion on my behalf but it ended well.

The TL;DR would be Latin Lyrics when I am looking at you.
Reply 6
If he looks away fast I think that he was staring at me and didn’t want to get caught. Sometimes I stare back with an “I know you were looking at me” stare because they always look back and I thrive on making people uncomfortable.

If he doesn’t look away then I think he was looking at me and has balls/confidence to make eye contact which is interesting. If he’s cute i’ll smile and if he ain’t i’ll roll my eyes and look away.*

* warning, this is not applicable for all girls. We don’t all think the same so naturally we don’t all mean the same by certain actions.
Reply 7
Original post by vidda
I was in the gym today, I was on some random machine doing weights whilst listening to my music through my headphones. I have memorised some lyrics in Latin and I was trying to remember them as they were being sung, as I was in public I didn't sing out loud but in my head. Anyway whilst I was in my own little world I must've been staring at some girl the whole time because she came up to me and started talking and said she could see me staring at her :K: weird conversation and a little bit of confusion on my behalf but it ended well.

The TL;DR would be Latin Lyrics when I am looking at you.

I do the same thing! Minus the Latin. I get lost in thought and when I come back to earth i’ve been staring at someone who looks a little freaked out, or worse they think I want them to come over and talk!
Reply 8
Original post by cat_mac
I do the same thing! Minus the Latin. I get lost in thought and when I come back to earth i’ve been staring at someone who looks a little freaked out, or worse they think I want them to come over and talk!

It is worse when you've realised you're doing it. Then you're doing everything in your power not to look back at the person but make it look like you're not doing that either. Then you contemplate how real people look at things and find you've ended up staring right back where you weren't mean to be.
Well when a guy stares at me a lot of times it's a bit obvious he likes me but then if it's just like once then maybe it's nothing much.But yh if someone keeps making eye contact with you every so often then that's it they like you g x
I'm a girl btw you probably guessed 😂
But yh it's happened to me where this guy in the younger year liked me and he kept staring at me but then he actually got feeling for me before he even knew I was in the year above coz obvs I look small looooolsss but yh he doesn't stop staring at me. But I don't mind 😁
it depends if its just one guy and he's like looking at me and we make eye contact, I smile and I view as sweet rather than creepy, but if its a group of guys its very intimidating and I get weirded out, soooooo don't look at away its not that weird and heyu never know she might like come over and start talking to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending