The Student Room Group

Uni choice help--About MSc in computer science

Hello everyone!
I am an oversea student.
I have 2 offers,one is MSc in computing with placement form Cardiff Uni;the other is Msc in Computer Science form Uni of Bath.
Now I'm struggling with how to choose.
I thought Placement year was a huge advantage for employment,but but I heard today that it is very difficult for international students to find a job.Most international students turn to one-year courses because they can't find a job.
I thought it's an advantage over Uni of Bath,however it seems that the advantage is gone now.
I was determined to choose Cardiff university.But now i have no idea how to choose.
Could you please give me some advice?
Many thanks!
Original post by RooMini
Hello everyone!
I am an oversea student.
I have 2 offers,one is MSc in computing with placement form Cardiff Uni;the other is Msc in Computer Science form Uni of Bath.
Now I'm struggling with how to choose.
I thought Placement year was a huge advantage for employment,but but I heard today that it is very difficult for international students to find a job.Most international students turn to one-year courses because they can't find a job.
I thought it's an advantage over Uni of Bath,however it seems that the advantage is gone now.
I was determined to choose Cardiff university.But now i have no idea how to choose.
Could you please give me some advice?
Many thanks!

Hey. I am an international student as well. Got an offer from Bath for MSc Software Systems with placement year. Haven't firmed it yet tho. Confused between Bath and RHUL mainly. I know it's hard to get jobs for international students but I've also heard that getting placements for the second year is not that difficult(comparatively) because placement year is still a part of the degree and it also depends on your knowledge and experience. Have you decided yet? If so, what criteria did you use to decide apart from the placement option?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending