The Student Room Group

Edexcel ICT IGCSE

I missed a couple of classes of web authoring softare for practicals. Can publisher be used to create webpages instead of notepad or MS expression web?
The ability to create websites from MS Publisher had been removed in 2010. Also, MS Expression Web had been dropped a couple of years ago as well, although there's nothing wrong with continuing to use it if it works for you.

If you're looking for a WYSIWYG HTML editor, you could check out Google Web Designer - it's still in Beta because Google are trying to add a lot of tools to help designers create rich graphical web content, but it's fully ready to go for any kind of static content, or just to use as a standard web editor: https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

Also don't forget that you can use the F12 window in any popular web browser to inspect and modify 'live' HTML/CSS - this is really handy for trying to debug problems with layout and styles, and there's a JavaScript debugger too.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by winterscoming
The ability to create websites from MS Publisher had been removed in 2010. Also, MS Expression Web had been dropped a couple of years ago as well, although there's nothing wrong with continuing to use it if it works for you.

If you're looking for a WYSIWYG HTML editor, you could check out Google Web Designer - it's still in Beta because Google are trying to add a lot of tools to help designers create rich graphical web content, but it's fully ready to go for any kind of static content, or just to use as a standard web editor: https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

Also don't forget that you can use the F12 window in any popular web browser to inspect and modify 'live' HTML/CSS - this is really handy for trying to debug problems with layout and styles, and there's a JavaScript debugger too.

Thank you so much, if i dont want to use expression web, should i use microsoft word or publisher to create webpages?
Original post by whateverokay
Thank you so much, if i dont want to use expression web, should i use microsoft word or publisher to create webpages?

You need an old version otherwise it won't work at all - and I wouldn't advise doing it because the HTML they'll produce will be outdated, and won't look the same on any modern web browser. Web standards have moved on and old pages don't work very well.

You'd be better off using the Google Web Design tool I linked above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending