The Student Room Group

Urgent gcse rs 12 mark help

Hi guys!

As you know, the RS Paper 1 exam is approaching...
How do I structure my 12 mark questions to hit full marks/near full? Is there a specific structure you follow? I would really appreciate any help!
I always followed:

Very short introduction outlining your opinion

Arguments supporting your opinion - Don't be afraid to bring in secular or atheistic arguments.

Arguments against your opinion - Outline these and subsequently refute them with reference to the second paragraph.

Conclude - bring everything together and weigh up the arguments you outlined.

I normally aimed for 6 points, 3 for and 3 against.
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
I always followed:

Very short introduction outlining your opinion

Arguments supporting your opinion - Don't be afraid to bring in secular or atheistic arguments.

Arguments against your opinion - Outline these and subsequently refute them with reference to the second paragraph.

Conclude - bring everything together and weigh up the arguments you outlined.

I normally aimed for 6 points, 3 for and 3 against.

how long do you reckon AN ANSWER TO A 12 OR A 15 MARKER SHOULD BE? A PAGE?
Original post by annajpg
how long do you reckon AN ANSWER TO A 12 OR A 15 MARKER SHOULD BE? A PAGE?

I can't remember how much I ended up writing. Should be long enough for you to develop your points well.
Original post by 4.lly
Hi guys!

As you know, the RS Paper 1 exam is approaching...
How do I structure my 12 mark questions to hit full marks/near full? Is there a specific structure you follow? I would really appreciate any help!

same
My teacher taught us THESISPARAGRAPH AGAINST YOUR VIEW2 PARAGRAPHS FOR YOUR VIEWCONCLUSIONShould I have more paragraphs?
I'm assuming you mean GCSE R.E.
This is how I do it and I've been getting 10-12 marks since year 9 (not bragging btw just letting you know I'm not just randomly giving you advice x)

- Always start with your opinion otherwise you wont get into the higher mark bands at all.
- I usually do 3 reasons for the statement and 3 reasons against but it doesnt always have to be this balanced like you can do 2:4 etc. (but make sure its as balanced as possible)
- I dont know how good you are at english but making sure the answer flows nicely onto the next point helps imo
- spend about 10 minutes

good luck! btw, what are you doing for the course? Im doing Catholic Christianity, Judaism and Philosophy and Ethics

Quick Reply

Latest