The Student Room Group

How to study right before exam ?

I've been doing a lot of studying in preparation for my GCSE exams which start next week. I just wanted some tips for what to do in the days / night before. I feel like my previous techniques like making notes won't be effective this close.
Original post by Neesaaaa
I've been doing a lot of studying in preparation for my GCSE exams which start next week. I just wanted some tips for what to do in the days / night before. I feel like my previous techniques like making notes won't be effective this close.

For some subjects, particularly sciences, I find doing a past paper (that you've done before, having done all of them...) helps. For ones where questions are more about remembering a lot of information, just running through your notes once works for me.
Original post by Neesaaaa

i find it useful to just read through some notes casually just to make sure i really understand everything (eg in the car, before bed...) and little quizzes are always helpful like playing a quick kahoot, quizlet or just asking someone to question something for you. Proper past papers are also helpful, but for me they take up too much time and i find it more helpful to quiz myself on quick snappy questions

Quick Reply

Latest