Grades and whether I will get in

Watch this thread
tayygriff
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the University of Essex. I have my heart entirely set on Essex, I know this is not wise but I can't help it. I want to go and study film and creative writing there. I was offered a flexible offer, I now have to obtain two C's, sounds okay, right? Well not for me. I already have a B in film, so that is taken out of the equation, it all comes down to the grades I achieve this year. In creative writing I can definitely achieve a C, a B if I really try but I cannot do Sociology for the life of me, last year I got a D and I don't even think I can get that now.
Do you think I can get in with a B in film, a C/B in creative writing, a D or below in sociology and an A (D at a full A-level) in the Extended Project?
I just wanna go so bad, can't count the number of time I've cried about not getting into Essex!
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Ew essex but okay.

Cram as much content as you can or just plan lots of essays.

If you don't think you can make the offer right now, there's nothing else you can do but work.
tayygriff
Rep:
Thats what I'm trying to do, and why "Eww Essex?"
Michiyo
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tayygriff)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the University of Essex. I have my heart entirely set on Essex, I know this is not wise but I can't help it. I want to go and study film and creative writing there. I was offered a flexible offer, I now have to obtain two C's, sounds okay, right? Well not for me. I already have a B in film, so that is taken out of the equation, it all comes down to the grades I achieve this year. In creative writing I can definitely achieve a C, a B if I really try but I cannot do Sociology for the life of me, last year I got a D and I don't even think I can get that now.
Do you think I can get in with a B in film, a C/B in creative writing, a D or below in sociology and an A (D at a full A-level) in the Extended Project?
I just wanna go so bad, can't count the number of time I've cried about not getting into Essex!
Essex student here. I have a classmate who got in with CCE (the Cs were in History and History of Art, and the E was in French, his main degree language) for International Relations and Modern Languages, a degree which asks for BBB.

You will definitely get in, do not worry :hugs: Just revise, stay calm, and do your best
tayygriff
Rep:
Thank you! You've made me feel a lot better! Fingers crossed I guess!
Michiyo
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tayygriff)
Thank you! You've made me feel a lot better! Fingers crossed I guess!
You are more than welcome! :hugs: Essex cares more about the person than the grades, anyway. :yep:
username3581862
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Michiyo)
You are more than welcome! :hugs: Essex cares more about the person than the grades, anyway. :yep:
Well if I wasn’t an Essex student, I’d say different! They give everyone a fair chance to prove themselves worthy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (54)
65.06%
No (23)
27.71%
I didn't use it to prepare (6)
7.23%

Watched Threads