two couples live in two bedroom flat Watch

christophershuo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi, guys

I'm an international student from china, coming here for postgraduate studying.

My girlfriend is going to take the phd offer. And we are thinking to live together, so we searched for some one-bedroom flats. But recently, we have another friend, his girlfriend is coming for studying as well.

We four are students, in which two phd have their salary every month. And other two students would do some part-time job.

I just to want to ask, if we want to rent a two-bedroom flat and we two couple live in each bedroom respectively. Is it possible? Because I know most flats don't have HMO license. And the agent doesn't allow the two-bedroom flat to accommodate four people.

Have any friends ever had the experience like this? Or just talk, I'd also like to be friends with you all.
Thank you, guys.

--------
BTW. I know the people who can live in a flat without HMO should be a household. When signing the contract, should tenants supply any documents to prove this thing, eg brothers or sisters?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by christophershuo)
hi, guys

I'm an international student from china, coming here for postgraduate studying.

My girlfriend is going to take the phd offer. And we are thinking to live together, so we searched for some one-bedroom flats. But recently, we have another friend, his girlfriend is coming for studying as well.

We four are students, in which two phd have their salary every month. And other two students would do some part-time job.

I just to want to ask, if we want to rent a two-bedroom flat and we two couple live in each bedroom respectively. Is it possible? Because I know most flats don't have HMO license. And the agent doesn't allow the two-bedroom flat to accommodate four people.

Have any friends ever had the experience like this? Or just talk, I'd also like to be friends with you all.
Thank you, guys.

--------
BTW. I know the people who can live in a flat without HMO should be a household. When signing the contract, should tenants supply any documents to prove this thing, eg brothers or sisters?
It would probably depend on the landlords as they can vary. Best to find any properties you like and then contact them directly to see what they offer or do in this situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads