People who say single life is better

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
People say being single is much better than having a relationship but I do not see why. In my opinion, it is pretty ****. I go days without speaking to anyone who actually cares and I really miss that feeling. Its hard going days and occasionally weeks without anyone showing that they care.

For those saying single life is better how do you do it? it's been too lonely and depressing.

I'm not that sociable but still, I miss human interaction with those who actually show interest.
h333
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have my family and friends who care for me already and when it’s time I’ll just get married. I can’t imagine not being single tbh, that’s because I’ve never been in any type of relationship (all praise be to Allah) so obvs I wouldn’t know and glad that I don’t. I have so much to do and love being alone that I don’t really need anyone as in a partner in my life atm. However, I believe in Islam so no relationship before marriage thing and that makes a huge difference.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
They only say that because they rush into relationships with people they have no chemistry with whatsoever.
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The irony of saying you don''t enjoy human interaction while you are posting on a public forum lmao
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GUMI)
The irony of saying you don''t enjoy human interaction while you are posting on a public forum lmao
I think they mean IRL... but yeah most people who say that are lying to some extent.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GUMI)
Sitting behind a screen asking questions on a forum, is anything but human interaction.
MushiRock11
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally think it’s better to have a depressing life than have someone whose interest fades away in time while you’re still fully devoted.

Maybe that’s just me though, but for now I think this is best. I’m still young anyway, so better to keep out of as much drama as I possibly can.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 years ago
Depends on the person.

I do appreciate relationship stuff, but I also love just being able to do whatever I want. So it's a trade-off...
ᒍack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
People say being single is much better than having a relationship but I do not see why. In my opinion, it is pretty ****. I go days without speaking to anyone who actually cares and I really miss that feeling. Its hard going days and occasionally weeks without anyone showing that they care.

For those saying single life is better how do you do it? it's been too lonely and depressing.

I'm not that sociable but still, I miss human interaction with those who actually show interest.
Make friends with people on here It's a warm, friendly, caring environment.

**** you all though.
PhilanderingBum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GUMI)
lol wut? Posting on a forum is the least sociable thing you can do.
GUMI
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PhilanderingBum)
lol wut? Posting on a forum is the least sociable thing you can do.
He said he didn't enjoy human interaction. Unless anyone here is a bot, by definition replying to anyone on this forum is a form of human interaction. smh
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sitting behind a screen asking questions on a forum, is anything but human interaction.
Sounds like the Wizard of Oz.

And surely the philosophy to have is that you're happy when you're single and happy when you're in a relationship? I can't think of why anyone's happiness should depend on them having the freedom of being single or having the companionship of being in a relationship?
GUMI
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ok
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Jesus, I just wanted to state my opinion not start a f*cking debate
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jesus, I just wanted to state my opinion not start a f*cking debate
Welcome to TSR.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GUMI)
He said he didn't enjoy human interaction. Unless anyone here is a bot, by definition replying to anyone on this forum is a form of human interaction. smh
It's actually virtual interaction. Im not interacting directly with a human, I'm interacting with my laptop/phone through the TSR interface. Not a human face.
Gemstone_xo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is rubbish being single but, to be honest I can’t be asked with the lack of respect and the drama from lads. So I’ll just leave it be for now haha
Table123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok bear with..

i'm very much an introvert, not shy mind you but i like my own company I also enjoy a quiet life

away from the burden of other people and their problems

Relationships i have no time for, and without a replationship

I can go out whenever i want

I have more free cash

don't have to worry needlessly about what he/she is doing

she or he could be ****ing the postman or neighbour i wouldn't know!!

unnecessary stress and anxiety.

etc etc

If you don't like being alone then thats your problem

I personally love a quiet and solitude.

Free free to call me whatever you want buts thats me..
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by h333)
I can’t imagine not being single tbh, that’s because I’ve never been in any type of relationship (all praise be to Allah) so obvs I wouldn’t know and glad that I don’t.
it's because you're not supposed to.....
Superdrilles
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
it's because you're not supposed to.....
When people try to use rules to their advantage lmfao.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (98)
27.76%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (135)
38.24%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.12%

Watched Threads