notmel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I got a parking fine when the restriction said "from 8am-6pm Good Friday - 30 Sept". But I'm not religious, so I didn't know when good friday was and parked there anyway.
Should I just pay up or defend the fact that I just didn't know when that date was and if it was passed or not? Thanks in advance! Mel
xrhiannon___xo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Appeal it because 9/10 times they give in and drop the fine. You’ve got nothing to loose.
username2269391
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xrhiannon___xo)
Appeal it because 9/10 times they give in and drop the fine.
Do you have any proof of that?

Not saying you shouldn't appeal but I seriously doubt it's a 90% chance of success.
xrhiannon___xo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
Do you have any proof of that?

Not saying you shouldn't appeal but I seriously doubt it's a 90% chance of success.
Calm down mate. Off the top of my head I don’t know that it is or isn’t a 90% chance. My point was they drop them IN MY EXPERIENCE most of the time. If they don’t, this person has still lost nothing.

I’m sorry but people like you annoy me. What was the point of your comment? Was it helpful? No. Was it useful? No.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moved to Cars and motoring.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by notmel)
Hi, I got a parking fine when the restriction said "from 8am-6pm Good Friday - 30 Sept". But I'm not religious, so I didn't know when good friday was and parked there anyway.
Should I just pay up or defend the fact that I just didn't know when that date was and if it was passed or not? Thanks in advance! Mel
Bit weird that it didn't have an actual date, so you can try and defend that fact, but if you lose the appeal you'll need to pay.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What date was the fine relating to?

Religious or not, Good Friday is a bank holiday and easily googleable. I doubt you've got a case.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not sure why you think ignorance is a defence..?
xrhiannon___xo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To be fair the date of good Friday changes every year so you may have a case. It is worth a shot. You may not necessarily win but you have literally nothing to loose.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doesn't sound like much of a case. Lots of people aren't religious but still know when Good Friday is (because they get a day off), so being ignorant of that isn't enough imo to drop the fine. Appeal it if you want but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
username2269391
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xrhiannon___xo)
Calm down mate. Off the top of my head I don’t know that it is or isn’t a 90% chance. My point was they drop them IN MY EXPERIENCE most of the time. If they don’t, this person has still lost nothing.

I’m sorry but people like you annoy me. What was the point of your comment? Was it helpful? No. Was it useful? No.
I'm just saying, it's not a matter of chance, it's a matter of circumstances, i.e was there a double yellow line but the paint was damaged, or covered in leaves, not recognizing good Friday cuz even most Christians cant remember the dateWhenever you appeal a parking ticket you have to make a case for yourself by bringing up the circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads