Yr_11_MATHS
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can someone help me answer this.. I think it's something to do with translation or transcription?

"The antigens on pathogens can be proteins with a specific amino acid sequence. explain how the order of amino acids in a protein is determined by the sequence of genes" (6 marks)
exhaustedstudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’d agree that you need to reference the steps of transcription and translation, let me know if you need any help with this part
straightIrishguy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
'sequence of genes' doesn't make sense in this context - it should be 'sequence of bases in a gene'
jadys10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JonathanChiu21)
Can someone help me answer this.. I think it's something to do with translation or transcription?

"The antigens on pathogens can be proteins with a specific amino acid sequence. explain how the order of amino acids in a protein is determined by the sequence of genes" (6 marks)
Yeah it’s along those lines

You gotta think what do genes do?
How is the order of protein/amino acids determined?

As a rule of thumb, I always remember the order of 3:
DNA replication > DNA transcription (=RNA synthesis) > translation of mRNA (=protein synthesis)
Yr_11_MATHS
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks guys! I just needed some clarification to make sure I was on the right track, I'll upvote you guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (153)
38.25%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.75%
Look for a job (14)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.25%
Take a year out (68)
17%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.25%

Watched Threads