The Student Room Group

What do i do ???!!

Right, here's the deal.

I've been going out with this girl for over a month and half now and things were going good at first but about 2 weeks ago i really started thinking about the future of our relationship and she does dance like every night so i can never go out with her after school after 5 and the only time i can see her properly is on the weekend. I keep on asking when she's free but she always says she'll ask her mum and if her mum says she's not free she doesn't argue and then just gives up trying. I asked her if she can skip a few dance lessons and she said her mum will kill her so she can't which really pi**ed me off. So basically, i'm not happy in the relationship. But! We're two days away from our GCSE exams so if i break up with her it might affect her exam results as i know she cares for me and i'm her fist serious boyfriend, it's just she doesn't stick up for herself to her mum. It's really pi**ing me off. What the f**k do i do??
Original post by Anonymous
Right, here's the deal.

I've been going out with this girl for over a month and half now and things were going good at first but about 2 weeks ago i really started thinking about the future of our relationship and she does dance like every night so i can never go out with her after school after 5 and the only time i can see her properly is on the weekend. I keep on asking when she's free but she always says she'll ask her mum and if her mum says she's not free she doesn't argue and then just gives up trying. I asked her if she can skip a few dance lessons and she said her mum will kill her so she can't which really pi**ed me off. So basically, i'm not happy in the relationship. But! We're two days away from our GCSE exams so if i break up with her it might affect her exam results as i know she cares for me and i'm her fist serious boyfriend, it's just she doesn't stick up for herself to her mum. It's really pi**ing me off. What the f**k do i do??

You have a point , if u break up with her now it might affect her exam

If u dont mind me asking, do you like her as much as she like you?
Reply 2
Not only does she not try to persuade her mum to go out but she never asks in the first place. Like i'm always the one who has to say when are you free, when can you got out. It's like she doesn't care about not seeing each other even though she really does care for me. I know because her best mate who is going out with my mate and my mate tells me that he gets told that she constantly talks about me.

WHAT DO I DO !!!! arggg this is really stressing me out.
Right, here's the deal.

I had the same problem, her parents were super strict. Eventually she drove me insane so i dumped her. I reckon forget about her and dump her after exams. Im guessing she still texts you a **** tonne? thats the worst part.
Reply 4
You have a point , if u break up with her now it might affect her exam

If u dont mind me asking, do you like her as much as she like you?

Yeh i do like her a lot but what's the point in being in a relationship where we don't see each other.
Reply 5
Original post by Afforestation
Im guessing she still texts you a **** tonne? thats the worst part.

Yep you're exactly right! Not only that but one thing that i don't like it literally she puts 5 "x" and then 5 emojis on each message so i feel rude not to send them back, thats the one thing i don't like about her :/
Reply 6
I reckon forget about her and dump her after exams.

Yeh i think i might just do that, do it as soon as though, we have prom a week later ... :/ argg thats another problem !!!
Yeh i think i might just do that, do it as soon as though, we have prom a week later ... :/ argg thats another problem !!!

Wow this is literally exactly what happened to me. I ended up avoiding her for the entire prom until she even confronted me and I lied and said I still liked her. The next day I broke up with her...
Whenever i gave a one word response to her she would reply with like 9 long messages it was crazy. Im trying to think what i have learned from it and all i can say is that -
1. Break up with her in person, not over text.
2. Dont leave it long - I waited a month to break up with her and she just got more and more obsessed with me in that time and it drove me nuts.
3. Dont lie to her- she'll probably have a tonne of questions if you do break up with her.

I dont like ending relationships at all but for me at least, it was not a healthy one at all. The problem is that the girls get super obsessed really quickly because theyre still immature. Those relationships tend to end quickly but they learn from the experience anyway so it's good. Basically she'll probably be really upset for a month but in the long term both of you will be better off. I have no regrets with ending that relationship.
Yeh i do like her a lot but what's the point in being in a relationship where we don't see each other.

Yeah true
I understand where ur coming from
If she likes and cares abt u and u inturn likes her back
Why dont you just ask her directly? Ask why she is not putting any efforts in your relationship
Maybe she want to but her mom is holding her back
Its up to , if ur really not happy in that relationship , its better off without it for you then atleast you wont be stressed out this much
And if ur breaking up with her
Do it after the exams , then that way her exams wont get affected

Hope you figure out what to do
Dont be so stressed out

P.s sorry if i went to far or if i didnt make sense
Reply 9
Right, here's the deal.

i'd say if you aren't happy, then yes you should break it off soon so she doesn't get more attached. however, you aren't realistically going to see each other much during exams anyway because id assume your going to be revising. so my advice on this one is stick the relationship out until exams are over, then break up during summer. as you are her first serious boyfriend, this will affect her a lot, and from my own experience, my boyfriend messing me about during GCSE's definitely affected my results.

Also though, id say don't worry too much about the future of your relationship at this age. if you like them and they make you happy, be with them. even if you don't get to see them much. if they dont make you happy, dont be with them.

I'll give you the advice my dad gives me. you arent married, you dont have kids together, you dont own a house together or a dog. if you want to break things off, you can, you dont have anything to factor in at this age other than your own feelings.

hope this helps, good luck kiddo!
Yeah true
I understand where ur coming from
If she likes and cares abt u and u inturn likes her back
Why dont you just ask her directly? Ask why she is not putting any efforts in your relationship
Its up to , if ur really not happy in that relationship , its better off without it for you then atleast you wont be stressed out this much
And if ur breaking up with her
Do it after the exams , then that way her exams wont get affected

Hope you figure out what to do
Dont be so stressed out

P.s sorry if i went to far or if i didnt make sense

Forgot a small tiny detail
If u r planning to break up with her
Hv ur distance with her alright , so then she might get a hint
U get what i mean ryt?

1. Break up with her in person, not over text.
2. Dont leave it long - I waited a month to break up with her and she just got more and more obsessed with me in that time and it drove me nuts.
3. Dont lie to her- she'll probably have a tonne of questions if you do break up with her.

Yeh i definitely wouldn't do it over text and yeh cheers for the advice, i'll try and break it off as soon as but still got to keep in mind about her results, don't want her being affected like that, i don't want to hurt her but i'm just not happy in the relationship as things are. Maybe things get better maybe they don't. Thank you though
Original post by Twoteas
i'd say if you aren't happy, then yes you should break it off soon so she doesn't get more attached. however, you aren't realistically going to see each other much during exams anyway because id assume your going to be revising. so my advice on this one is stick the relationship out until exams are over, then break up during summer. as you are her first serious boyfriend, this will affect her a lot, and from my own experience, my boyfriend messing me about during GCSE's definitely affected my results.

Also though, id say don't worry too much about the future of your relationship at this age. if you like them and they make you happy, be with them. even if you don't get to see them much. if they dont make you happy, dont be with them.

I'll give you the advice my dad gives me. you arent married, you dont have kids together, you dont own a house together or a dog. if you want to break things off, you can, you dont have anything to factor in at this age other than your own feelings.

hope this helps, good luck kiddo!

Yeh thats defo true what your dad say XD i see what you mean, there's no strings attached if i break up with her, just upset and sorrow really. But yeh i wouldn't ever want to hurt her but it has to be done , like i can't be in a relationship where i'm not happy.

thank you
Forgot a small tiny detail
If u r planning to break up with her
Hv ur distance with her alright , so then she might get a hint
U get what i mean ryt?

Yeh i think so XD
Yeah true

well i've asked her why cant she see me when she's not doing dancing and she said that she has lots to do but i can't find it in myself to properly confront her and ask whether i'm more important but then i know what will happen, she'll try and change the topic and ignore the whole conversation, that's what she does when she doesnt have an answer or something, next time i see her i'll properly ask to see. thanks
That depends on you.. ask your heart. If you truly love her and you know that she loves you too then my advice is that don't break up with her. Being a girl I can understand her problems.. maybe she doesn't want to get involved in a physical relationship or maybe she is nervous because as you said you're her first serious boyfriend. Well, it's right that you shouldn't be in a relationship where you're not happy. But think again are you not happy just because you both can't get to see each other? If that was the matter then there wouldn't be any "long distance relationship". You both are together just for around two months, don't jump to conclusions so quick. So my point is that take your time, get to know her more, see what happens next and then you can go end the relationship if you want. Remember, a true relationship doesn't have the word break up! And yeah if you find out that you don't love her like before then it's better to confess it as soon as you can. Good luck! :smile:

Sorry if I sound rude.
Original post by Tajriyan
That depends on you.. ask your heart. If you truly love her and you know that she loves you too then my advice is that don't break up with her. Being a girl I can understand her problems.. maybe she doesn't want to get involved in a physical relationship or maybe she is nervous because as you said you're her first serious boyfriend. Well, it's right that you shouldn't be in a relationship where you're not happy. But think again are you not happy just because you both can't get to see each other? If that was the matter then there wouldn't be any "long distance relationship". You both are together just for around two months, don't jump to conclusions so quick. So my point is that take your time, get to know her more, see what happens next and then you can go end the relationship if you want. Remember, a true relationship doesn't have the word break up! And yeah if you find out that you don't love her like before then it's better to confess it as soon as you can. Good luck! :smile:

Sorry if I sound rude.

No your right. There's always ways on fixing things in a relationship that either of you don't like such as one being shy, but sometimes when i'm speaking to her i don't know, sometimes i might be bored, sometimes i might be interested. I think deep down i want to love her, but i just don't. It's harsh to say but it's true.

Maybe because i'm going through exams my mind might be conflicted and i just can't think properly and that i need to wait until after exams which is what i think i'm going to do.

Thanks everyone though, this has been really stressing me out. Thanks
No your right. There's always ways on fixing things in a relationship that either of you don't like such as one being shy, but sometimes when i'm speaking to her i don't know, sometimes i might be bored, sometimes i might be interested. I think deep down i want to love her, but i just don't. It's harsh to say but it's true.

Maybe because i'm going through exams my mind might be conflicted and i just can't think properly and that i need to wait until after exams which is what i think i'm going to do.

Thanks everyone though, this has been really stressing me out. Thanks

I think its better too
Deep down if u dont love her then i think you should admit the truth to her after exams
Now just dont think about it , just concentrate on ur exams
Hope everything turns out well for you
Good luck
You need to chill out. It's frustrating that you can't see her that much but you can't expect you to drop her other activities just because you've come into the picture. Clearly dancing is important to her so you're just going to have to accept that. In terms of asking her mum, though, she should be making more of an effort cause it's not fair you have to keep chasing her all the time.

I personally wouldn't expect to see a lot of my partner during GCSEs anyway, I'd only see them on the weekend as I'd know how important revision is
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending