Gcse triple science biology

Watch this thread
GeorgeLynch365
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Do you think we will have to label the heart and how likely is it for this question to actually come up for paper 1 on Tuesday ?
ronieeeeeeee123
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
i dont know if we will have to but something about the heart is likely to come up so just learn it anyways
MediJoecre
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Only got to learn 8 bits: the four chambers and the four blood vessels carrying blood into and out of the heart.
The spec is absolutely massive so sadly I've got no idea what's going to come up :/ If it does I reckon you'll either have to:
Describe the function of one or two pieces (1-2 marks)
Describe the route blood takes through the body. (~4 marks)

Your call if you'd like to spend 15-20 minutes of last minute revision time on it. Good luck!
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
how are we suppose to know whats on the paper
euphrosynay
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
it's certainly possible that we will.

i'm assuming you're talking about the aqa exam. if so, the spec says that 'students should know the structure and functioning of the human heart and lungs.'

the parts that we need to know are listed as the 'lungs, heart, right/left ventricle blood vessels, aorta, vena cava, pulmonary artery, pulmonary vein and coronary arteries.'

'knowledge of the names of the heart valves is not required.'

(in any case, labelling the heart just might be better than a 6-mark written question on how the heart and blood vessels are adapted for oxygen transportation.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.99%
Take a gap year (22)
15.94%
Resit my exams (37)
26.81%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.04%
I don't know yet (15)
10.87%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.35%

Watched Threads