Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Explain two ways that Muslims can help to prevent crime.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of question is that , these exam boards are so stupid when it comes to r.e

I guess it would be raise awareness in mosques or teach their kids islamic values???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    They can stop killing gay people for a start.
    whos "they"? Say the ones who kill gay and not make it seem like ALL muslim do this :dry: smh

ReputationRep:
    Someone give me a short summary of AQA hajj requirements please I cba to revise for it

ReputationRep:
    I hate RS questions. You have all that knowledge and everything, and they ask you the worst possible questions and you just have to try forcing arguments in because they are that absurd.

Nevertheless, they can:
    > Teach about crimes and prevention in mosques
    > Give Muslim youth something to do, i.e. Quran classes, Hadith lessons
    > Preach Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh.) ways
    > (taken from above) Bring children up in the ways of Muhammad

It's a stupid question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fate_299792458)
    Someone give me a short summary of AQA hajj requirements please I cba to revise for it
    you need to know some quotation like " hajj is a duty for mankind for those who are able to make it"
    Know what muslims do on each day on the pilgrimage and the places like Arafat,Mina, Safa and Mawa etc

ReputationRep:
    They can stop killing gay people for a start.
    They "can stop killing gays" what kind of rubbish is that. You have clearly misinterpreted the faith and generalized certain individual actions on the basis of a whole creed.

People like you are backward and arrogant and simply "grow" off the hatred of others to meet your self esteem needs.

ReputationRep:
    Do charity work (sadaqah) like giving nissab (2.5% of savings) and/or khums (20% extra given my shi'a) for zakah/zakat so people aren't driven to crime out of desperation. Another example: inviting the homeless to share iftar meals after breaking their fasts during Ramadan. Paying for someone who can't afford it to go on Hajj or umrah, to become more spiritual and learn how to live through their situation. Teach values such as adalat (justice). Wear white clothes on Hajj and after death to symbolise that possessing certain material items doesn't make us any better/ worse and that we're all equal- thus cementing a strong community (ummah) bond.
    More than two, but i hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk02)
    What question is that? I could right a better one. I have no idea what Muslims could do specifically that is involved in their religion, but others don't... What exam board are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble15)
    whos "they"? Say the ones who kill gay and not make it seem like ALL muslim do this :dry: smh
    Let me read the Koran for you:

“The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations. It is indicative of violation of the fitrah, total misguidance, weak intellect and lack of religious commitment, and it is a sign of doom and deprivation of the mercy of Allah.”

ALL Muslims believe in the Koran. Ironically, they believe gayness is a crime so killing gays is like upholding the law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reversed Flash)
    They "can stop killing gays" what kind of rubbish is that. You have clearly misinterpreted the faith and generalized certain individual actions on the basis of a whole creed.

People like you are backward and arrogant and simply "grow" off the hatred of others to meet your self esteem needs.
    I mean... in the Hadith it kind of says to kill gay people and there's kind of no way to question that. It's pretty explicit.

But generalisation wise, it's true. Not all Muslims agree with it. A lot don't agree with it. My friends and family don't.

But a lot do.

It's not arrogance. It's not hate either. But it is generalisation. But you just generalised as well.

ReputationRep:

“The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations. It is indicative of violation of the fitrah, total misguidance, weak intellect and lack of religious commitment, and it is a sign of doom and deprivation of the mercy of Allah.”

ALL Muslims believe in the Koran. Ironically, they believe gayness is a crime so killing gays is like upholding the law.
    Where's the reference for this? Muslims believe in the Qur'an not the Koran lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol well i just finished my revision and i might as well go over it by telling you so one day allah told ibrahim to take his wife and son called ismael to a makah where god gave ibrahim the order to leave his wife and son with minimum supplies soon those those supplies ran out and both hajira and ismail were starving hajira went 7 times up and down on 2 of the hills called safa marwa she shouted for help but no one was there and then she prayed to allah and then ismail and steeped on the ground and water came out which is know as zam zam and then she tared water for food and then when ibrahim came back allah told him to build a room for his protection and that is the kaaba now it is the holiest place for all of the muslims as it is knows as the house of god and the people go there o purify them self's to make them self's closer to god and make the relationship between them and allah there you that all you need to know about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk02)
    Where's the reference for this? Muslims believe in the Qur'an not the Koran lol
    Koran and Qur'an are both romanized versions... of the same word: Quran. I use Koran because that's what it sounds like when spoken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inoubliable)
    I mean... in the Hadith it kind of says to kill gay people and there's kind of no way to question that. It's pretty explicit.

But generalisation wise, it's true. Not all Muslims agree with it. A lot don't agree with it. My friends and family don't.

But a lot do.

It's not arrogance. It's not hate either. But it is generalisation. But you just generalised as well.
    The Quran doesn't explicitly command Muslims to kill homosexuals; that is to do with a persons interpretations. If that were the case then why are not the billions of Muslims around the world killing gay people??

In fact Christianity and Judaism views homosexuals with more contempt

13 “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their heads. - Levictitcus, Bible

ReputationRep:
    Koran and Qur'an are both romanized versions... of the same word: Quran. I use Koran because that's what it sounds like when spoken.

The Quran doesn't explicitly command Muslims to kill homosexuals; that is to do with a persons interpretations. If that were the case then why are not the billions of Muslims around the world killing gay people??

13 “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their heads. - Levictitcus, Bible

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reversed Flash)

that's why i said the hadith.
    and i never said Islam was the only religion.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inoubliable)
    that's why i said the hadith.
    and i never said Islam was the only religion.
    Just trying to emphasize that the Quran is not at fault; the Hadiths are written by various people from different backgrounds. That is why it is dedicated to 4 schools of Islam and has thousands of branches of knowledge. It is an interpretation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk02)
    im confused as to what the quesiton is asking, is it asking what muslims do to stop others from doing crime, or is it asking what a muslim can do to stop themselves committing a crime? either way its quite a weird question considering islam is the last religion you would imagine would prevent crime...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.