And why?
Shaanv
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Presto)
And why?
Something to do with the force pushing the water downwards, so water exerts a force pushing upwards i think.
Presto
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Shaanv)
Something to do with the force pushing the water downwards, so water exerts a force pushing upwards i think.
That's exactly what I thought! Glad to see I'm not the only one and I thought that due to that he rises but ms says
"There is a downward force on the (ejected) water
due to N3 the (ejected) water exerts an (equal and opposite) force on the flyer/jet pack"

So basically it's the ejected water and the flyer but why? And what about the two waters? So are there 2 N3L pairs in the diagram?
Shaanv
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's exactly what I thought! Glad to see I'm not the only one and I thought that due to that he rises but ms says
due to N3 the (ejected) water exerts an (equal and opposite) force on the flyer/jet pack"

So basically it's the ejected water and the flyer but why? And what about the two waters? So are there 2 N3L pairs in the diagram?
I think ur confused. The ms is just confirming what i said. Its just worded a little differently.

Not sure what u are getting at with your last few questions.
Presto
Rep:
?
I think ur confused. The ms is just confirming what i said. Its just worded a little differently.

Not sure what u are getting at with your last few questions.
Is it? I wrote that the ejected water exerts a force on the sea so the sea exerts a force of the same magnitude in the opposite direction according to newton's third law due to which the flyer rises. Is this right or wrong? I don't think I get the mark scheme
username3377254
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it? I wrote that the ejected water exerts a force on the sea so the sea exerts a force of the same magnitude in the opposite direction according to newton's third law due to which the flyer rises. Is this right or wrong? I don't think I get the mark scheme
that is true, just refer your answers as simple and concise as newtons third law states
Presto
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hassm100)
that is true, just refer your answers as simple and concise as newtons third law states
Is what I wrote the same as what the ms is saying?
username3377254
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the ejected water exerts a force on the jet pack, you want to think of it as to why is he going up, the water hitting the sea is an irrelevant collision.
Shaanv
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not quite. Not sure if u would get the marks for what u are saying.

The jet pack exerts a downwards force on the water so the water exerts an equal and opposite force on jetpack.
Presto
Rep:
?
Not quite. Not sure if u would get the marks for what u are saying.

The jet pack exerts a downwards force on the water so the water exerts an equal and opposite force on jetpack.
(Original post by Hassm100)
the ejected water exerts a force on the jet pack, you want to think of it as to why is he going up, the water hitting the sea is an irrelevant collision.
Ok thank you both!
Afforestation
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

There are no 'two waters'. Just so that you dont get confused, the ocean is not a factor in this situation
Presto
Rep:
?
(Original post by Afforestation)
There are no 'two waters'. Just so that you dont get confused, the ocean is not a factor in this situation
Yeah got it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (42)
35.9%
No (61)
52.14%
I don't know (14)
11.97%

Watched Threads