Computer Science Edexcel Paper 1 - 14th May 2018

Watch
THEgurlxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guyss, basically just making the thread early so on monday we can talk about the paper after it happened Good luck!
username3859624
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by THEgurlxo)
Hey guyss, basically just making the thread early so on monday we can talk about the paper after it happened Good luck!
Sure, hey!
CyberC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Really bloody nervous, I'm picking it for A-level so I want to get at least a 7 overall, but I know paper 2 will kill me.
Abdul hamid bah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who's doing igcse edexcel Pearson?
username3859624
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CyberC)
Really bloody nervous, I'm picking it for A-level so I want to get at least a 7 overall, but I know paper 2 will kill me.
I'm sure you will do well
How are you revising computer science by the way? Are there certain topics in Paper One or is it safer to revise everything?
flyingcolours
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm just hoping for a pass, even if it's a low one because I am so nervous and I do not feel prepared. But you got to do what you got to do. Good luck to everyone and I'll see you after the exams tomorrow.
HelloFromIt'sMe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
it's going to be hard at A-level if u find coding difficult
HelloFromIt'sMe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flyingcolours)
I'm just hoping for a pass, even if it's a low one because I am so nervous and I do not feel prepared. But you got to do what you got to do. Good luck to everyone and I'll see you after the exams tomorrow.
what you think could be a pass could in fact be a good solid level higher than a grade 4
CyberC
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks. Basically, I'm going through my revision book and answering exam questions as I go along. I've also started making a final revision sheet and I'm trying to condense all of my notes onto 1 a4 page. My dad is an IT guy so he knows everything about this, so I just ask him stuff when I don't know something
CyberC
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thealibabba)
it's going to be hard at A-level if u find coding difficult
I don't find coding itself hard, but exam questions on it with scenarios are always harder than paper 1. In the mocks I got a 5 for paper 1 but a 3 for paper 2. I barely revised for it since I thought it would be a breeze. But now, doing practise papers in class I'm getting consistent 7s for paper 1 and 5 for paper 2
flyingcolours
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thealibabba)
what you think could be a pass could in fact be a good solid level higher than a grade 4
That's what I'm worried for. I think it would be around 4, but a 5 would probably be the best for the pass.
CyberC
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's what I'm worried for. I think it would be around 4, but a 5 would probably be the best for the pass.
If you want, I have made a paper 1 overall revision sheet on ms word. I summarised pretty much the whole spec on only 1 page, so I'll link it here incase you want to look at it.

I'm doing OCR, so if you do something else make sure this aligns with the majority of your spec, but it should be a fine for a good foundation of knowledge.

I am going to make a paper 2 also so I could link it here again when I do it.

Good luck btw
Attached files
flyingcolours
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want, I have made a paper 1 overall revision sheet on ms word. I summarised pretty much the whole spec on only 1 page, so I'll link it here incase you want to look at it.

I'm doing OCR, so if you do something else make sure this aligns with the majority of your spec, but it should be a fine for a good foundation of knowledge.

I am going to make a paper 2 also so I could link it here again when I do it.

Good luck btw
Oh my gosh!! Wow, thank you. I feel so blessed. I've done my own revision notes but having an insight on someone else's would be a great help.
CyberC
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh my gosh!! Wow, thank you. I feel so blessed. I've done my own revision notes but having an insight on someone else's would be a great help.
No problem. I just realized that I forgot to do truth tables (AND, OR etc) and boolean logic (true or false), but I'm 99 percent sure it'll only be 1 question. It may be worth quickly watching a video on youtube on it before you leave for school or something.

I would print it out and read it right before you enter the exam hall. Don't just read it, remember it by reading a small portion, looking away and reciting it. Hope you do well

EDIT: Oh god, ignore me. I'm going nuts, everything I just said is wrong - truth tables and boolean logic is on paper 2. Sorry, I'm a dumbie
flyingcolours
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No problem. I just realized that I forgot to do truth tables (AND, OR etc) and boolean logic (true or false), but I'm 99 percent sure it'll only be 1 question. It may be worth quickly watching a video on youtube on it before you leave for school or something.

I would print it out and read it right before you enter the exam hall. Don't just read it, remember it by reading a small portion, looking away and reciting it. Hope you do well

EDIT: Oh god, ignore me. I'm going nuts, everything I just said is wrong - truth tables and boolean logic is on paper 2. Sorry, I'm a dumbie
no no! It's totally fine. I'm honestly so grateful towards you, thank you for being so helpful!
hehe, I'm honestly going a little nuts too x
CyberC
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no no! It's totally fine. I'm honestly so grateful towards you, thank you for being so helpful!
hehe, I'm honestly going a little nuts too x
Np, I'm trying not to freak out rn.

I'm just highlighting key info on the sheet so I'm not overwhelmed before the exam. I'm also getting an early night because I know it'll take me a while to sleep lol

Another tip - Bring like a chocolate bar or something to school and eat it just before the exam so you don't have no energy near the end, and have a big breakfast. I'm lucky because it's my only exam today but I don't want to be dead near the end lol

Okay I'll leave you alone now haha
flyingcolours
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Np, I'm trying not to freak out rn.

I'm just highlighting key info on the sheet so I'm not overwhelmed before the exam. I'm also getting an early night because I know it'll take me a while to sleep lol

Another tip - Bring like a chocolate bar or something to school and eat it just before the exam so you don't have no energy near the end, and have a big breakfast. I'm lucky because it's my only exam today but I don't want to be dead near the end lol

Okay I'll leave you alone now haha
Good Plan. I will be sleeping in a bit as well. I hope you have a nice slumber.

Thanks for the chocolate tip, it actually made me smile thinking about eating chocolate :'D I will make sure to have a good breakfast, Good night x

p.s good luck for the rest of your exams
CyberC
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good Plan. I will be sleeping in a bit as well. I hope you have a nice slumber.

Thanks for the chocolate tip, it actually made me smile thinking about eating chocolate :'D I will make sure to have a good breakfast, Good night x

p.s good luck for the rest of your exams
Yeah, you too. Not a big fan of chocolate, but I'll have like an energy bar, whatever it may be. I was literally about to go to sleep when I saw the notification that you sent me a message, so gnight to you too
flyingcolours
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, you too. Not a big fan of chocolate, but I'll have like an energy bar, whatever it may be. I was literally about to go to sleep when I saw the notification that you sent me a message, so gnight to you too
omg i distracted you sorry :')

We keep saying gnight but seem to not be sleeping haha. Here's a last good night and you don't have to reply.
babyri
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the way that i've been cramming for this exam wooooooow i didn't even know i had it in me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (726)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads