The Student Room Group

Thinking about applying for law at Leeds, are my chances slim?

I am reading the requirements for Law and Leed's quotes they expect applicants to have a 'substantial' number of GCSE's all at high standard. My GCSE grades are pretty, I would say an average set, but I was hoping if I managed to meet the A level requirements or above for law they would override my GCSE's to an extent, (I know they're still a performance indicator). I was just wondering about others opinions. I have 9 GCSE's (I took 9) would that be considered substantial? The grades I got were: C,5,6,6,B,B,B,A,A would they be considered a 'good' standard. I'm supposing they mean because courses like law are very competitive they expect most applicants to have beaming results e.g. mostly A's *'s. But If i managed to do very well at A level and within everything else, do you still think i'm in with a fighting chance? Do you know of anyone with similar grades to me on a Law course?
Original post by Aimee_101
I am reading the requirements for Law and Leed's quotes they expect applicants to have a 'substantial' number of GCSE's all at high standard. My GCSE grades are pretty, I would say an average set, but I was hoping if I managed to meet the A level requirements or above for law they would override my GCSE's to an extent, (I know they're still a performance indicator). I was just wondering about others opinions. I have 9 GCSE's (I took 9) would that be considered substantial? The grades I got were: C,5,6,6,B,B,B,A,A would they be considered a 'good' standard. I'm supposing they mean because courses like law are very competitive they expect most applicants to have beaming results e.g. mostly A's *'s. But If i managed to do very well at A level and within everything else, do you still think i'm in with a fighting chance? Do you know of anyone with similar grades to me on a Law course?

Talk to them and see if anything might change such as an EPQ plus if you are eligible for Access to Leeds then do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending