BSc Real Estate 2018 Entry (and Beyond!) Watch

klsdoakj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For those interested in the BSc Real Estate (and Planning) programmes at the University, there is a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) available, which provides a useful introduction to real estate and planning. The course is free to learners and is open all the time, although we 'staff' it during the course runs twice a year. Here's the link: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/...ys-to-property

Joe Doak,
Associate Professor of Urban Planning & Development,
Department of Real Estate & Planning,
Henley Business School,
University of Reading
ANNb123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello,I am from Real Estate Business diploma student from Singapore and I am very keen to study at Reading's real estate courses. I would like to return to Singapore to work in the future, but I am unsure if Reading's real estate courses are as recognised in Singapore as in the UK. May I get your advice on this? Do you have many students from Singapore?
klsdoakj
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANNb123)
Hello,I am from Real Estate Business diploma student from Singapore and I am very keen to study at Reading's real estate courses. I would like to return to Singapore to work in the future, but I am unsure if Reading's real estate courses are as recognised in Singapore as in the UK. May I get your advice on this? Do you have many students from Singapore?
Hi,

I consulted one of my colleagues at UoRM (and an ex-UoR graduate) and she informed me that:

1) To be a valuer (appraiser) in Singapore, you need to be recognised by the Inland Revenue Authority. The conditions are:-
* Hold a degree in real estate from NUS or equivalent; and have at least 2 years of relevant practical experience
* Be a Member or Fellow of Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV). With effect from 1 Jan 2014, an applicant with Probationer membership is not eligible for this application. The list of degree courses that are accredited by SISV dose not Include UoR.

2) The Council of Estate Agents is the licencing body for estate agents in Singapore and they mainly recognized Singapore-based degrees and diploma, which includes your Real Estate Business Diploma from Ngee Ann Polytechnic. So you have the necessary qualification for an estate agent.

Please see link below for recognized qualifications.
http://www.cea.gov.sg/professionals/...qualifications

Our team at UoRM applied for SISV accreditation in Dec 2016 and are now awaiting the accreditation visit by their panel members. At the moment, I understand that there is no reciprocal recognition between RICS and SISV.

I hope that this helps you prepare for your future studies and career choices.

Joe

PS Yes, we do get a few students from Singapore....and also even more from Malaysia, especially now that UoRM delivers the same BSc RE as at UoR. Students from UoRM can come to Reading for anything between one term/semester and two years.
klsdoakj
Rep:
?
Have a look at our Fb pages to see the kind of activities our students and staff are involved with:
https://m.facebook.com/RealEstateAndPlanning/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (46)
31.08%
No (76)
51.35%
Don't know (26)
17.57%

Watched Threads