Difference between law and legislation?

Watch this thread
username2400323
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can you use law instead of legislation in this sentence:
"The Offences Against the Person Act 1861 is Victorian legislation not made to be a logical set of rules but instead it is legislation that brought the then relevant laws into one Act, called a consolidation Act. "

I see the word legislation links more to statutory law but can it not be replaced by the word law.

Thanks in advance
username2400323
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Is this a stupid question? I want to make it clear that if it is I am not trying to be stupid on purpose I am honestly unsure about the word to use.
username2400323
Rep:
So I would really appreciate help. Also, if it helps this is for an essay that I am writing regarding the non-fatal offences and whether they are in need of reform.
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Google?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
33.7%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (43)
46.74%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (17)
18.48%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.09%

Watched Threads