access to Leeds

Watch this thread
F.SA
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
So I did the MCQ test for Leeds and I got 5/5,5/5 and 4/5 but you need 100% to pass the module. The question I got wrong was about referencing and it said reference A book written by Sarah Moss in 2006 using Leeds Harvard Style. I chose (Moss, S. 2006) which is correct comparing with the examples I’ve seen and I don’t understand why it’s wrong?? I’m really worried I REALLY need this lowered offer.. I’ve using all three chances and I’ve emailed them to ask where I’ve gone wrong ..
can someone tell me if this is a mistake or if I’m wrong? Even the Leeds website says reference a book as Surname, Initial. Year
I can’t remember exactly what the other option were but I think it was (Sarah Moss, 2006) , (S. Moss 06) and another one I can’t remember.
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by F.SA)
Hi,
So I did the MCQ test for Leeds and I got 5/5,5/5 and 4/5 but you need 100% to pass the module. The question I got wrong was about referencing and it said reference A book written by Sarah Moss in 2006 using Leeds Harvard Style. I chose (Moss, S. 2006) which is correct comparing with the examples I’ve seen and I don’t understand why it’s wrong?? I’m really worried I REALLY need this lowered offer.. I’ve using all three chances and I’ve emailed them to ask where I’ve gone wrong ..
can someone tell me if this is a mistake or if I’m wrong? Even the Leeds website says reference a book as Surname, Initial. Year
I can’t remember exactly what the other option were but I think it was (Sarah Moss, 2006) , (S. Moss 06) and another one I can’t remember.
Yours seems correct.

https://library.leeds.ac.uk/referenc...arvard/73/book
majorkey1542
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I am also doing the Access to Leeds program this year. For that question I believe the correct answer is (Moss, 2006) so (Surname, Year), (I took pictures of what I got right and wrong at the end of the questions). I am also on 2/3 attempts on that set of questions and can't seem to understand why I am getting the question about plagiarism wrong, I spent about an hour going through the activities again and can't get it still. Do you know which ones are correct? Thanks.
F.SA
Rep:
Hi! How did you get (Moss, 2006)? Nothing I saw on the website pointed to this answer!
And yes I got the plagiarism one correct but I can’t remember what all the q are... if you tell me the questions you’re struggling on and what the options are I can help you out
F.SA
Rep:
Yeah exactly! I’m so confused...
majorkey1542
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm trying to upload the picture I took of the questions but its not letting me so you will just have to take my word on the last question, ill keep on trying if you would like me to. And as for the plagiarism question I only know 3 of the answers which I chose which are as follow:

- You use a direct quote from an essay you wrote last year for a module that you are doing this year.

- You use a direct quote but forget to write a reference.

- You copy and paste three paragraphs from a text on the web into your essay. You put this extract in quotes and provide a reference.
majorkey1542
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Here is the photo (the other one had too big of a file size so I had to crop it down to just this Q).
Attached files
majorkey1542
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by majorkey1542)
Here is the photo (the other one had too big of a file size so I had to crop it down to just this Q).
Remember the answers aren't always in the same order so go dont go off a,b,c or d. Just the content.
F.SA
Rep:
I'm trying to upload the picture I took of the questions but its not letting me so you will just have to take my word on the last question, ill keep on trying if you would like me to. And as for the plagiarism question I only know 3 of the answers which I chose which are as follow:

- You use a direct quote from an essay you wrote last year for a module that you are doing this year.

- You use a direct quote but forget to write a reference.

- You copy and paste three paragraphs from a text on the web into your essay. You put this extract in quotes and provide a reference.
The last one isn’t illegal. It’s just poor practice so untick that
majorkey1542
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by F.SA)
The last one isn’t illegal. It’s just poor practice so untick that
Okay thanks, do you know about the others?
F.SA
Rep:
The other two are correct and as far as memory serves me those were the only ones that were malpractice
majorkey1542
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by F.SA)
The other two are correct and as far as memory serves me those were the only ones that were malpractice
That was correct thank you, 5/5. This is a lot more stressful than it needs to be on the final try. Did you get yours right?
F.SA
Rep:
I had already used up my turns before I made the post (

I’m emailing them to ask for another try (that’s what someone said they did on a different thread)
majorkey1542
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by F.SA)
I had already used up my turns before I made the post (

I’m emailing them to ask for another try (that’s what someone said they did on a different thread)
Damn thats bad to hear, if they dont reply tonight try calling them tomorrow morning as the deadline is midday tomorrow. Calling them will force them to answer straight away instead of the delayed reply. Hope you get another try.
swin1234
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi has anyone resolved this I keep putting this answer as it's what it says in the materials but keeps coming up wrong?
F.SA
Rep:
Damn thats bad to hear, if they dont reply tonight try calling them tomorrow morning as the deadline is midday tomorrow. Calling them will force them to answer straight away instead of the delayed reply. Hope you get another try.
Yeah they reset it as soon as I called and I managed to pass It thank god. Thanks for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
18.52%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
14.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
11.11%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
25.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
18.52%

Watched Threads