The Student Room Group

Unhappy staying for sixth form at my school but there’s no other option?

I really don’t want to stay at my current school for sixth form, however I don’t feel as if there is another option as the one I like would mean I have to travel atleast 3 hours on a bus everyday, whereas it is a 10 minute car journey at the moment. Reason being is I don’t like the teachers and I want a fresh start with new friends etc. Also another college I considered has really bad pass rates and tends to be the place where people who fail their GCSEs go to. So essentially I am stuck going to sixth form even though I really don’t want to, do the two years go quick? I just want to do my dream job however it requires doing a levels/ a course
Reply 1
Original post by Beth286
I really don’t want to stay at my current school for sixth form, however I don’t feel as if there is another option as the one I like would mean I have to travel atleast 3 hours on a bus everyday, whereas it is a 10 minute car journey at the moment. Reason being is I don’t like the teachers and I want a fresh start with new friends etc. Also another college I considered has really bad pass rates and tends to be the place where people who fail their GCSEs go to. So essentially I am stuck going to sixth form even though I really don’t want to, do the two years go quick? I just want to do my dream job however it requires doing a levels/ a course

Two years really isn't a lot if it's gonna give you the best shot at the future you want. Just keep your head down, focus on the work (I'm sure there'll be a lot) and think about how grateful you're gonna be that you did this down the line when you have your dream job!

Quick Reply

Latest