AQA Religious Studies - Christianity

Watch
B54321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What is the difference between atonement and salvation? The revision guide confuses me.
annajpg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Atonement means that Christians repent for their sins and at one with God (you can also say reconciliation), by repenting they salvation is possible which means you get to go to heaven and live eternally. God through Jesus made salvation for humanity possible, as he sacrificed his only son in order for humans to repent for our sins and get to go to heaven on the day of judgment
khadeeja786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
salvation is saving the soul from sin and admission to heaven brought by jesus

atonement is restoring the relationship between people and God through the life,death and resurrection of Christ.
B54321
Rep:
?
(Original post by khadeeja786)
salvation is saving the soul from sin and admission to heaven brought by jesus

atonement is restoring the relationship between people and God through the life,death and resurrection of Christ.
Thanks, but doesn't salvation also make Christians closer to God, since sin separates them from God?
B54321
Rep:
?
(Original post by annajpg)
Atonement means that Christians repent for their sins and at one with God (you can also say reconciliation), by repenting they salvation is possible which means you get to go to heaven and live eternally. God through Jesus made salvation for humanity possible, as he sacrificed his only son in order for humans to repent for our sins and get to go to heaven on the day of judgment
So salvation is possible because of atonement?
annajpg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by B54321)
So salvation is possible because of atonement?
yeah atonement is based on the belief that God as an act of love gave his only son as a divine sacrifice, thanks to this powerful action redemption was offered to humanity, which means the freedom of consequence of sin, therefore if we repent we get salvation
will670
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by B54321)
Thanks, but doesn't salvation also make Christians closer to God, since sin separates them from God?
Atonement makes salvation possible. And yes salvation brings humans closer to God
B54321
Rep:
?
(Original post by annajpg)
yeah atonement is based on the belief that God as an act of love gave his only son as a divine sacrifice, thanks to this powerful action redemption was offered to humanity, which means the freedom of consequence of sin, therefore if we repent we get salvation
Okay thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (13)
6.99%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
7.53%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (43)
23.12%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (23)
12.37%
No, nothing has changed (64)
34.41%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (29)
15.59%

Watched Threads