The Student Room Group

Friends

How can I make new friends?
I'm 18 at the end of this month and I feel so lonely, I literally only have my best friend who is amazing but is going to uni soon. (i don't struggle making friends, and i love being around people and am seeing a guy in the military)
When I was in secondary school i really struggled with depression and anxiety so regularly missed school. Although i had no issue forming friendships, i wasnt consistently at school therefore friendships fell through when we left year 11.
I made a few friends at college but it is a good 40 minutes from home therefore people aren't local.
Being nearly 18 i want to go out, but i have no one to go with and it's starting to affect the way i feel. I don't know how to go about making new friends without seeming desperate...
Original post by CF11222
How can I make new friends?
I'm 18 at the end of this month and I feel so lonely, I literally only have my best friend who is amazing but is going to uni soon. (i don't struggle making friends, and i love being around people and am seeing a guy in the military)
When I was in secondary school i really struggled with depression and anxiety so regularly missed school. Although i had no issue forming friendships, i wasnt consistently at school therefore friendships fell through when we left year 11.
I made a few friends at college but it is a good 40 minutes from home therefore people aren't local.
Being nearly 18 i want to go out, but i have no one to go with and it's starting to affect the way i feel. I don't know how to go about making new friends without seeming desperate...

This sounds like a tough one, maybe try going to your gym and signing up for classes there and try talking to people in there or local clubs like football or kick boxing etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending