Re gcse exam tommorow! Help please! Urgent Watch

millyella
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any last min quotes/key information i should learn before the exam?
3racha
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
which religions are you doing ?
MerryClark11
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
FOR AQA:
if you are doing Christianity: my prediction is that there will be something on Evangelism or the Acsension of Jesus so revise those
if you are doing Islam: my prediction is that there will be something on Id Ul-Fitr or Predestination so revise those

(I based my predictions off topics that have not been used in any specimen papers so I’m 85% sure that these topics will come up)
millyella
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 3racha)
which religions are you doing ?
islam and christianity
josh20019
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://quizlet.com/290563511/christ...s-flash-cards/
josh20019
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here's a quick guide for the structure for tommorows examination for Religious studies A AQA:
1 hour 45 minutes
Paper 1 - Christianity
Paper 2- Other religion
Section A- Beliefs (25 mins) x2
Section B- Practices (25 mins) x2
Q1- easy multiple choice
Q2- this can literally be two words for each
Q3- Give a point and explain in a fair amount of detail
Q4- Give a point, add a religious teaching (quote, teaching or explain what is taught to them)
Q5- give a for paragraph, against paragraph and non religious (secularist only, marxist and atheist doesnt give you any extra marks) then your own view. add religious knowledge in the answer for each paragraph
holly1004
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MerryClark11)
FOR AQA:
if you are doing Christianity: my prediction is that there will be something on Evangelism or the Acsension of Jesus so revise those
if you are doing Islam: my prediction is that there will be something on Id Ul-Fitr or Predestination so revise those

(I based my predictions off topics that have not been used in any specimen papers so I’m 85% sure that these topics will come up)
If Evangelism comes up, what type of question would come up and what would you say? Would it be something like explain 2 ways in which Christians evangelise?
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can make stuff up. For example, if the question asks why dietary laws are important you can say something like "because the Torah says they are one of the most important laws". It would be better of course but you will still gain the source and wisdom mark because the examiner will assume it will. But you have to make it believable.

Another example - for Christianity if it says something along the lines of the people should be allowed to use contraception you can say something like "the CCC says ...." it does not have to be true but it has to be believable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?