To you, what does it mean to feel lonely?

Watch
Abcdefghijk123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I saw a thread on here from a couple of years ago with the same title. What does loneliness mean to you?
Withengar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Loneliness is being in a room full of people and still feeling alone.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When he gets out of bed because he has to go to work. And I wanted another round.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nah. But you should give it a try. You might enjoy it. A lot.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's from a movie about a serial killer called the Iceman, or at least that's where I know it from.

"I only feel lonely when I am around other people."
Abcdefghijk123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Withengar)
Loneliness is being in a room full of people and still feeling alone.
(Original post by Notoriety)
That's from a movie about a serial killer called the Iceman, or at least that's where I know it from.

"I only feel lonely when I am around other people."
It’s so true isn’t it! It’s being around the ‘wrong’ people that often triggers it.
redbull114
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The extent to which a person feels lonely obviously depends on their circumstances. I think loneliness hits you hard when you start to realize how much you once had then once you don't have it no more, you start to realize the true value of what you had. Especially when you are trying so hard to find that kindred spirit but you realize your getting no where, as you said you loneliness is when you can't find someone to confide with and express your true feelings too.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Am constantly lonely, a) because im on my own constantly b) even when im with people i dont feel like people 'know' me or understand
12haywardJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I believe for me, loneliness is triggered when I am left behind. I remember from one occasion me and my friends were having this trip to one of the beaches and coincidentally, I would be left behind to try and find where they're and its like they have no consideration of maybe how I feel in those situation.
I believe someone who is truly lonely is that they have no people to look out or look for them. To some extent feeling lonely is like your a bottle that is used only for that purpose which is to hold liquid(s) and when that purpose is gone, you'd be left on the floor awaiting to be teared up. However it just depends on who you hang around with, will they keep you or recycle you? Or will you be left alone?
Mrs.Grey
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
I saw a thread on here from a couple of years ago with the same title. What does loneliness mean to you?

For me, it means being in a situation where you aren’t unconditionally loved and accepted for who you are, and not feeling as though you fit in. It means having no one to confide in, to share your problems with, to cry to. It means people think you’re great to be around when it’s convenient for them, when you’re happy, when life is great. But the moment you need to talk about your problems, you’re shamed, dismissed, or treated like an inconvenience. You start to bottle it all up eventually, and it’s like there’s a void within you. You wonder when you’ll find the person, or people, who ‘get’ you.

You can be with people and still feel incredibly lonely. You can be alone and feel content.

So that’s my description of loneliness. What’s yours?
Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lemme tell you. Being lonely is that constant heaviness in your heart. Wanting to tell someone something but can't because there isn't anyone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads