The Student Room Group

GCSE begins tomorrow eeek!

How is everyone feeling about tomorrow? It's the finals we've all been working for, and I am honestly so very nervous but glad it's finally here. I don't think I could wait any longer, I'm so very glad to have it over and done with.

I wanted to say a very big good luck to the 2018 GCSE students as we have worked hard and long and deserve to all pass with flying colours. Tomorrow is the computing science exam and I do not feel prepared enough, I honestly would be so glad to just pass.

Quick reminder- Being nervous is perfectly fine, it's normal. But do not let it affect you and your work, remember you've worked mostly your whole school career for this, it'll be a breeze.
Don't forget to hydrate- drink as much liquids as possible, I would recommend water. (However do not load yourself with energy drinks and caffeinated products as you will quickly burn out)
Eat well in these last weeks left, eating junk will not help but treat yourself once in awhile.
Sleep!!! I can't stress enough about this. All nighters are not worth it, just wake up a little early to review in the morning but do not replace sleep with revision.

Sending lots of love and luck,

yelp, I'm a nervous sheep

Scroll to see replies

Good Luck for your exam. I am sure you will be okay:smile:
Reply 2
THANKS!! Good luckwith your exams and esp compsc i!! Honestly I feel so overwhelmed with computing tomorrow, I'm just praying EDUQAS doesnt screw me over :frown: !!
Reply 3
Wishing you the best of luck! I had my Spanish speaking last week, so biology is my next one on Tuesday. I find it hard to remember multiple things at once to do with work, so oops
Reply 4
"In the old legend the wise men finally boiled down the history of mortal affairs into the single phrase, "This too will pass." "

Ben Graham
I'm still replacing sleep I havnen't studied anything for chemistry neither computer science. The future looks rather dismal
Original post by anynonymous2
Good Luck for your exam. I am sure you will be okay:smile:

Thank you! Fingers crossed :smile: x
Original post by hoshi10
THANKS!! Good luckwith your exams and esp compsc i!! Honestly I feel so overwhelmed with computing tomorrow, I'm just praying EDUQAS doesnt screw me over :frown: !!

:biggrin: Thanks! ME too, I can feel my stomach churning. I'll pray for you and me!! (I bet you'll do awesome!)
Original post by Laura.bx
Wishing you the best of luck! I had my Spanish speaking last week, so biology is my next one on Tuesday. I find it hard to remember multiple things at once to do with work, so oops

Thank you very much! How do you think your Spanish speaking went? I heard it was pretty hard.
Good luck for the biology, I'm sure you'll ace it.
I know what you mean, I am definitely not a multitask-er! Yet I try even if I know I can't do it :'D
Original post by ma_long
"In the old legend the wise men finally boiled down the history of mortal affairs into the single phrase, "This too will pass." "

Ben Graham

*Claps hands* Thank you, I really liked that
Original post by hoshi10

Are you doing EDUQAS? Me too!! How prepared do you feel?
Original post by Lucy1716
I'm still replacing sleep I havnen't studied anything for chemistry neither computer science. The future looks rather dismal

aww man. But sleep is good..
I know what you mean tho, you are very determined and that's good. Good luck, I hope all goes well
we'll just have to see how it goes, hopefully the exam boards lower the grade boundaries. I actually think my speaking went okay,but then again you never know. I have no idea if this is in anyway helpful but when my brother did his GCSE computer science our school totally messed his up, giving him computers that didn't work for stuff, and he came out with a B,so you're going to do well. it seems like you try a lot which is all that matters :smile: is your exam in the morning or evening?
Original post by ohdearstudying

No I'm doing AQA, they are an odd examination board tbh.

Do you think EDUQAS is totally different to AQA, or would they have similarities?
How are you finding EDUQAS?
Original post by Laura.bx
we'll just have to see how it goes, hopefully the exam boards lower the grade boundaries. I actually think my speaking went okay,but then again you never know. I have no idea if this is in anyway helpful but when my brother did his GCSE computer science our school totally messed his up, giving him computers that didn't work for stuff, and he came out with a B,so you're going to do well. it seems like you try a lot which is all that matters :smile: is your exam in the morning or evening?

I really hope the grade boundaries are low too :biggrin:
I'm glad to hear it went okay! One down, a couple few to go till our summmer!
Oh really! That's bad that the school messed up on a students work, I'd be annoyed.
It's awesome how your brother got a B! That's impressive. :smile:
Good luck to everyone! I feel extremely nervous for tomorrow but can't wait to get it over with too. I finish almost 1/3 of my exams next week and 1/2 before study leave so my time for revision is highly compromised in the next 2 weeks :frown:. Hopefully, it won't be too taxing though
Original post by ohdearstudying

Finally I've found someone who does EDUQAS for computing ; )) !! Topic 10 (Ethics, legal and environmental impacts) I'm literally screwed if it comes up as an 8 marker or 12 marker. I dont feel as prepared as I wanted to be but I've been doing the WJEC past papers and they dont seem that hard. I'm more worried for the onscreen !! WBU ??
Original post by flyingcolours
No I'm doing AQA, they are an odd examination board tbh.

Do you think EDUQAS is totally different to AQA, or would they have similarities?
How are you finding EDUQAS?

omg EDUQAS is a nightmare. it has this reputation of being easy but a 2hr and 2x 1hr exam to do is not easy. plus the key concepts you have to know because they can ask on any.

depends whether you're planning on switching. why'd you ask? :biggrin:

it's tough for the component 1, islam and christianity it's quite easy.
Original post by hoshi10
Finally I've found someone who does EDUQAS for computing ; )) !! Topic 10 (Ethics, legal and environmental impacts) I'm literally screwed if it comes up as an 8 marker or 12 marker. I dont feel as prepared as I wanted to be but I've been doing the WJEC past papers and they dont seem that hard. I'm more worried for the onscreen !! WBU ??

I'm sorry to confuse you! I thought you were doing EDUQAS RS.

Sorry! hopefully you'll find someone who shares the sam exam board!
Original post by savage_queen
Good luck to everyone! I feel extremely nervous for tomorrow but can't wait to get it over with too. I finish almost 1/3 of my exams next week and 1/2 before study leave so my time for revision is highly compromised in the next 2 weeks :frown:. Hopefully, it won't be too taxing though

Thank you! Wow, the days are just so busy busy. But hopefully it will be all worth it in the end. Good luck, gotta push on through for these last couple of weeks

Quick Reply

Latest