This discussion is closed.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What is this?/I'm confused
Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

M487 - CommonVision, Tommy1boy, Seconded by ConceitedWe call on the Government to work together with the BBC and broadcasting companies from across the commonwealth to create Eurovision for the Commonwealth. A CommonVision if you will. (Credit to Joe for the name). We believe this vital issue deserves the attention of the Government immediately.

Posted By SpeakerBot
Report an issue | Suggest a feature
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
An interesting idea, aye.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Timing is a little off
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No we'll still suck
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
One song contest per year is plenty for me.

Also, how would this work with the time difference? I'm not getting up early to watch a song contest from New Zealand, nor staying up until about 5am to watch a song contest from Canada.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
One song contest per year is plenty for me.

Also, how would this work with the time difference? I'm not getting up early to watch a song contest from New Zealand, nor staying up until about 5am to watch a song contest from Canada.
Was about to mention this, there is a reason that Australia isn't allowed to host Eurovision and it isn't because they're not in Europe.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Was about to mention this, there is a reason that Australia isn't allowed to host Eurovision and it isn't because they're not in Europe.
What happens if Australia wins where will it be hosted?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mr T 999)
What happens if Australia wins where will it be hosted?
Runners up I believe

EDIT: they get to choose a "European" country to co host it with
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this really needed...
LibertarianMP
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye- eurovision is rigged against us, its time we had fun with our true allies instead
Unown Uzer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, Eurovision is stupid
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
Is this really needed...
Is anything here?:iiam:
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why not just opt out of Eurovision? At least end BBC participation. If ITV want to lower themselves any further, at least my licence fee isn't contributing to it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (523)
59.98%
Yes- I don't like it (44)
5.05%
No- I want it (246)
28.21%
No- I don't want it (59)
6.77%

Watched Threads