The Student Room Group

Spending my 17th birthday alone. Ideas?

Hola, it's me again. So I'm turning 17 on May 15th and I'm looking to spending it alone. I don't want no family dinner because it usually leads to arguments. The friends that are somewhat real, can't spend time with me on my birthday because of circumstances and the rest of the people I talk to aren't my real friends. It's pretty depressing tbh but it's calm, I enjoy being by myself. Therefore, I wanted to know any ideas if any of you have that I could do on my birthday. I was thinking about having a movie marathon and basically relaxing (what I do everyday) so any movies that you guys would recommend?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

I spend my birthday "alone" all the time and I just don't care. Its just a silly day anyway. Wish yourself a happy birthday though because its cute, go for a walk or just speak to your lover if you have one.

You could watch American Psycho.
Reply 2
Original post by The Relic
I spend my birthday "alone" all the time and I just don't care. Its just a silly day anyway. Wish yourself a happy birthday though because its cute, go for a walk or just speak to your lover if you have one.

You could watch American Psycho.

Man, I've been doing that for the past few years but I wanted to really do something you know like when I started college but some things never work out. I will defo check out American Psycho. Thank you sister :smile:
McNuggets and full-bucket KFC will do.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Man, I've been doing that for the past few years but I wanted to really do something you know like when I started college but some things never work out. I will defo check out American Psycho. Thank you sister :smile:

Don't be sad just be happy and have a relaxed day :smile:
Its so funny!
you can go for a walk,listen to music,tv show or movie marathon,if you have the money you can do that and buy food,spoil yourself a little
Reply 6
Original post by Çharizard
McNuggets and full-bucket KFC will do.

KFC does sound gorgeous
Reply 7
Tarantino marathon
Reply 8
Original post by The Relic
Don't be sad just be happy and have a relaxed day :smile:
Its so funny!

Thank you, I will try :smile:
do you live on your own at 17?? Hmm my cousin Rachel is an amazing film - also so is call me by your name. I'm also addicted to greys anatomy.
Reply 10
Original post by GeorgeCadwell
you can go for a walk,listen to music,tv show or movie marathon,if you have the money you can do that and buy food,spoil yourself a little

I will defo spoil myself

Original post by Sinnoh
Tarantino marathon

ooo what's that?
Reply 11
I will defo spoil myself

ooo what's that?

As in, every film directed by Quentin Tarantino
Hola, it's me again. So I'm turning 17 on May 15th and I'm looking to spending it alone. I don't want no family dinner because it usually leads to arguments. The friends that are somewhat real, can't spend time with me on my birthday because of circumstances and the rest of the people I talk to aren't my real friends. It's pretty depressing tbh but it's calm, I enjoy being by myself. Therefore, I wanted to know any ideas if any of you have that I could do on my birthday. I was thinking about having a movie marathon and basically relaxing (what I do everyday) so any movies that you guys would recommend?

Spoiler

I have spent every single birthday alone. I am 16 now. The best thing I would do is buy lots of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, a mini cake and loads of food. Just chill in your room and have a movie marathon. Maybe watch some series shows to keep you busy or the whole marvel cinematic universe :smile:
If you like superheroes then definitely watch Marvel films from Captain America down to Infinity War or watch all the episodes of Sherlock Holmes (B.Cumberbatch). Watch some 80s films like Weird Science or Ferris Bueller's day off. Stranger Things, Gossip Girl, Black Mirror or Orange is the new black
I'd order some takeout, find yourself a comfy place and stick on your favourite movies. Personally I'd go for comedies (I love Team America) but whatever you want.
Reply 14
Original post by Sinnoh
As in, every film directed by Quentin Tarantino

Ahhh I see, I will look into it :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by sKULLedGhost
I have spent every single birthday alone. I am 16 now. The best thing I would do is buy lots of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, a mini cake and loads of food. Just chill in your room and have a movie marathon. Maybe watch some series shows to keep you busy or the whole marvel cinematic universe :smile:
If you like superheroes then definitely watch Marvel films from Captain America down to Infinity War or watch all the episodes of Sherlock Holmes (B.Cumberbatch). Watch some 80s films like Weird Science or Ferris Bueller's day off. Stranger Things, Gossip Girl, Black Mirror or Orange is the new black

Ok stuffing myself looks like a good option and I have watched pretty much all of those shows. Thank you :smile:

Original post by lucykershaw2000
I'd order some takeout, find yourself a comfy place and stick on your favourite movies. Personally I'd go for comedies (I love Team America) but whatever you want.

Never seen that movie and I will defo think about it :smile:
sorry to hear. However it should not stop you from having an excellent day because you deserve it.

I'd like to ask you what type of movies you prefer, like horror, romcom, comedy, thriller? I could totally recommend loads to suit your taste :smile:
On the day, do things you like. Painting nails, applying a mask, eating ice cream, going out to the park. It's nice to relax and pamper yourself. Maybe even going to the cinema to see an upcoming movie? Are you into superheros? Because I would definitely recommend Infinity Wars.
Go to the cinema and just watch movies all day. (Just jump from one screening to the next so you don't have to pay)
Reply 18
Original post by flyingcolours
sorry to hear. However it should not stop you from having an excellent day because you deserve it.

I'd like to ask you what type of movies you prefer, like horror, romcom, comedy, thriller? I could totally recommend loads to suit your taste :smile:
On the day, do things you like. Painting nails, applying a mask, eating ice cream, going out to the park. It's nice to relax and pamper yourself. Maybe even going to the cinema to see an upcoming movie? Are you into superheros? Because I would definitely recommend Infinity Wars.

I like all of those choices but I only like watching horror movies with other people. I like comedies that make me laugh until I can't breath and I don't find everything funny like that. I wanted to watch breaking in but I'd be home quite late after the movie. I've already watched Infinity Wars. Thank you for recommending :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Kirby...
Go to the cinema and just watch movies all day. (Just jump from one screening to the next so you don't have to pay)

I don't have the time to be able to do that lol

Quick Reply

Latest