The Student Room Group

Application form EU18N, Help

Hello, as I am an EU Full time potential new student at college in Setember I am trying to complete in paper this specific form.
I have some important questions about the meaning of some spaces and how to fill them correctly
1) Deadline
This form should be returned within 9 months of the start of your academic year, or you may lose your right to apply for student finance. What does it mean?

2) To send my certified evidence items do I have to send this one file:///C:/Users/Roberta/Downloads/eu_certifier_checklist_form_1819_o.pdf or this one mentioned in the EU18N:
https://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/media/8932/eu_evidence_factsheet_d.pdf Which one should I complete? because the second one involves my parents as well, so I wanted to have an understanding of the measure in which they get involved in the process anyway.

3) UCAS personal identification number
UCAS university or college code
UCAS campus code (if applicable) what if I don't have the details to fill this section yet?

4) Contact details "Please give the names and addresses of two contacts. The contacts you give must live at different addresses and will only be contacted if, for example, you move address and do not inform us. You must inform your contacts that you are providing us with their details." What if I only have ONE of them?
Thank you for your time as it is an urgent matter to me. thank yu in advance
Original post by robi.sava1996
Hello, as I am an EU Full time potential new student at college in Setember I am trying to complete in paper this specific form.
I have some important questions about the meaning of some spaces and how to fill them correctly
1) Deadline
This form should be returned within 9 months of the start of your academic year, or you may lose your right to apply for student finance. What does it mean?

2) To send my certified evidence items do I have to send this one file:///C:/Users/Roberta/Downloads/eu_certifier_checklist_form_1819_o.pdf or this one mentioned in the EU18N:
https://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/media/8932/eu_evidence_factsheet_d.pdf Which one should I complete? because the second one involves my parents as well, so I wanted to have an understanding of the measure in which they get involved in the process anyway.

3) UCAS personal identification number
UCAS university or college code
UCAS campus code (if applicable) what if I don't have the details to fill this section yet?

4) Contact details "Please give the names and addresses of two contacts. The contacts you give must live at different addresses and will only be contacted if, for example, you move address and do not inform us. You must inform your contacts that you are providing us with their details." What if I only have ONE of them?
Thank you for your time as it is an urgent matter to me. thank yu in advance

Hi Robi,

1) 9 months after the start of your course is the deadline and we will not accept applications after this date.

2) If you are sending in certified ID evidence then we will require the certified checklist form https://bit.ly/1TW1Wbs, we will not require your parents details.

3) All the UCAS details you can get from the UCAS website or contact your College/University and they will advise you of this.

4) We require 2 contacts, they do not need to be at an address in the UK.

Thanks

Catherine
About point 1
The deadline to submit the application is 25th of May 2018 for full time new students, am I right? What is this other deadline 9 months after the start of the course..?
About point 1
The deadline to submit the application is 25th of May 2018 for full time new students, am I right? What is this other deadline 9 months after the start of the course..?

Hi Robi,

The 25th May is the date applications need to be in by so that the funding is processed in time for the course starting as applications take between 4-6 weeks to process, we will still process applications after this date.

Thanks

Catherine
So what happens 9 months after the start of the course? What does this other deadline mean?
So what happens 9 months after the start of the course? What does this other deadline mean?

Hi Robi,

You have Up to 9 months after the start of the academic year to apply after this we will not process your application.

Thanks

Catherine
Ok, so from September which is the beginning of the course, to the 25th of May we count 9 months, and that day is the deadline. Is that correct for a new student who is going to attend from next September like me?
Ok, so from September which is the beginning of the course, to the 25th of May we count 9 months, and that day is the deadline. Is that correct for a new student who is going to attend from next September like me?

Hi Robi,

You have 9 months from September to apply as this is the start of the academic year, this means that you have until the end of May 2019 to apply.

Thanks

Catherine
So May 2019 because I am going to start from September. I will attend college and then I ll have to apply with this form?
I was so convinced that I needed to apply for SFE BEFORE the start of the course, because I have been told that I could apply even if I hadnt a place confirmed yet.
So May 2019 because I am going to start from September. I will attend college and then I ll have to apply with this form?
I was so convinced that I needed to apply for SFE BEFORE the start of the course, because I have been told that I could apply even if I hadnt a place confirmed yet.

Hi Robi,

If you apply before your course starts this means that your funding will be in place in time for you going to University, some students choose to apply at a later date.

Thanks

Catherine
So to apply before the 25th of May 2018 if the course is starting in September 2018 is incorrect?
So to apply before the 25th of May 2018 if the course is starting in September 2018 is incorrect?

Hi Robi,

That is correct.

Thanks

Catherine
If I am completing the form now, but I am possibly going to change address in September is it possible to give the current address and change it later? IF SO, meanwhile, when in the current address space it says TO:day/month/year Can I write the date in which I am completing the form or do I need to write something else instead?
If I am completing the form now, but I am possibly going to change address in September is it possible to give the current address and change it later? IF SO, meanwhile, when in the current address space it says TO:day/month/year Can I write the date in which I am completing the form or do I need to write something else instead?

I am talking about the section 3, B1 space
I am talking about the section 3, B1 space

Hi robi.sava1996,

You can provide your current address and when you move update your address details with us.

When you give your current address, supply the date when you started living there and indicate 'until Present'

Thanks Rona
How do I indicate until present in that section? There is only to with spaces for day month and year. (section 3 part B1)
1)How do I indicate until present in that section? There is only to with spaces for day month and year. (section 3 part B1)
2)section 4 part b: is it mandatory to put the course end date? It says FINAL YEAR OF STUDYING, I am going to attend the first of two for full time foundation degree, what should I write in this space?
1)How do I indicate until present in that section? There is only to with spaces for day month and year. (section 3 part B1)
2)section 4 part b: is it mandatory to put the course end date? It says FINAL YEAR OF STUDYING, I am going to attend the first of two for full time foundation degree, what should I write in this space?

Hi robi.sava1996,

In Section 3 B1, just leave blank, we will assume that this is the address that you are currently living at.

In section 4 part B we need the month and the year that your course ends.

Thanks Rona
(edited 5 years ago)
So if they are two years in total I will have to write the day and month in which the course ends COMPLETELY, (at the end of the second year)?
So if they are two years in total I will have to write the day and month in which the course ends COMPLETELY, (at the end of the second year)?

Hi robi.sava1996,

Yes, please enter the date the course ends, the end of the final year.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest