The Student Room Group

Weight

I was wondering if it was possible for someone like me to lose a stone within the next two months. I’m a 15 year old female and I’m 5’6. I’ve lost almost three stone since January (by exercising daily and having a strict healthy diet). Would I achieve this realistically or not?
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah! You seem to have lost 3 stones in 4 months and that's impressive. I'm glad you're doing it in a healthy way and I hope you continue exercising and eating well because that is the key to a good body, inside and out. You're sure passionate, so I don't see why not. But don't try dong anything that might make you lose weight in an unrealistic amount of time because that surely is not good for you.

Good Luck
Why do you need to rush natural things like this. I mean slowly losing weight is best. (If you lose a lot of weight through dieting and exercise in such a short amount of time it is more likely to come back since you are more likely to change your habits.)

I am overweight and I want to lose weight fast but not too fast.
Well done on losing three stone! I think it is possible, but how much do you currently weigh? Generally the lighter you get, the rate of weight loss slows unless you make drastic restrictions (which you shouldn't do!)
Reply 4
Original post by PollyParrot23
Well done on losing three stone! I think it is possible, but how much do you currently weigh? Generally the lighter you get, the rate of weight loss slows unless you make drastic restrictions (which you shouldn't do!)

Thank you! When I started I weighed 13 stone 9lbs and now I weigh 10 stone 13lbs. I have noticed a slight difference in the rate but I still seem to be losing almost 2 pounds a week so far. Hopefully I can continue this way as I wish this feel more confident this summer.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by monkeyman0121
Why do you need to rush natural things like this. I mean slowly losing weight is best. (If you lose a lot of weight through dieting and exercise in such a short amount of time it is more likely to come back since you are more likely to change your habits.)

I am overweight and I want to lose weight fast but not too fast.

I don’t mean to rush it, I’m just trying to work out if I can get a healthy BMI before summer as my new years goal was to get a healthy one this year. Even if I lose the amount I wish, I don’t think I’m going to change my habits as I feel a lot happier with my current life style. :smile:. I hope you lose the amount of weight you want to lose too!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah! You seem to have lost 3 stones in 4 months and that's impressive. I'm glad you're doing it in a healthy way and I hope you continue exercising and eating well because that is the key to a good body, inside and out. You're sure passionate, so I don't see why not. But don't try dong anything that might make you lose weight in an unrealistic amount of time because that surely is not good for you.

Good Luck

Thanks Anon! I don’t plan to try anything that would put my health at harm by doing it in an unrealistic way. I wish to do it completely naturally as it feels much better this way.
Original post by artobsessed
I don’t mean to rush it, I’m just trying to work out if I can get a healthy BMI before summer as my new years goal was to get a healthy one this year. Even if I lose the amount I wish, I don’t think I’m going to change my habits as I feel a lot happier with my current life style. :smile:. I hope you lose the amount of weight you want to lose too!

Thanks, I can't believe I have not done this before. All I am doing right now is 3 weight training days a week and changing 2 things that I eat a week. (more healthy options.)

I hope you get to your goal but if this is a new year thing you have until next year anyway! (When I tried to rush losing weight I would give up since I did not see anything changing in the few weeks I did do something about it. That is why I recommend at least thinking it will take a while so you don't get second thoughts if you don't reach a hard target.)

Quick Reply

Latest