I think my best friend might like my boyfriend, What do i do? Watch

anyas18517
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So we have the same group of friends me and my boyfriend as we have been friends for years, and hes not as close to the one doing the school show with him, they really only talk about music and celebraties that they have in common, but every year they try convince me to do something with school show so i said id help choreograph because i am a dancer and id help out, but for a while now my friend is being really cocky to me and coppying me, (what i say, do, wear, laugh etc) and shes been saying in groupchats and in private messages that i dont need to come to the rehersals, im not important to the show right now etc.
Then whenever My boyfriend walks in to a room or near her she is so flirty to him goggling over him and when i walk in behimd him her smile falls.
And what makes it worse was a few days during rehersals (while i was there teaching) she had been stairing at him constantly and trying to gain his attention but he felt uncomfortable (he did tell me on the drive home after it) so he just ignored it after a while, and i never noticed but my friends did and even they mention she had been a bit weird the past few days with him!! What do i do?am i just over reading things ? Should i say anything?
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by anyas18517)
So we have the same group of friends me and my boyfriend as we have been friends for years, and hes not as close to the one doing the school show with him, they really only talk about music and celebraties that they have in common, but every year they try convince me to do something with school show so i said id help choreograph because i am a dancer and id help out, but for a while now my friend is being really cocky to me and coppying me, (what i say, do, wear, laugh etc) and shes been saying in groupchats and in private messages that i dont need to come to the rehersals, im not important to the show right now etc.
Then whenever My boyfriend walks in to a room or near her she is so flirty to him goggling over him and when i walk in behimd him her smile falls.
And what makes it worse was a few days during rehersals (while i was there teaching) she had been stairing at him constantly and trying to gain his attention but he felt uncomfortable (he did tell me on the drive home after it) so he just ignored it after a while, and i never noticed but my friends did and even they mention she had been a bit weird the past few days with him!! What do i do?am i just over reading things ? Should i say anything?
Well if even he has mentioned it to you then she's obviously doing something. Trust your gut. She's obvs going to deny it if you ask her but lay out the truth clear for her.
A giant chicken
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You could assassinate her... but maybe that's too far
anyas18517
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mrs.Grey)
Well if even he has mentioned it to you then she's obviously doing something. Trust your gut. She's obvs going to deny it if you ask her but lay out the truth clear for her.
Should i wait and see what else happens if it gets worse etc?
Mrs.Grey
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Should i wait and see what else happens if it gets worse etc?
The only worse thing I can imagine is her making a move on him.
anyas18517
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mrs.Grey)
The only worse thing I can imagine is her making a move on him.
I suppose your right, but i dont want to incase its just her being nice or whatever ? Like i dont want to ake anything uncomfortable between me and my friend.
anyas18517
Rep:
?
(Original post by A giant chicken)

Tbh not the worst idea hahhaahha
Afforestation
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I like chicken's idea - go buy some industrial size plastic sheets and tell her to come round (maybe use bf as bait). Then get a big shovel and hit her over the head and youll be done. idk maybe bury her in your garden or something.

Really though, since your boyfriend knows and doesnt like her back, you should confront her about it with him with you, or do something sly of letting her know your boyfriend will never like her etc. You can do these things without breaking a friendship, it just has to be subtle. If you get him to say it, she cant blame you.
student2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If your other friends noticed maybe get one of them to say to her she's being weird, so you don't have to be the one accusing her. Tbh if your boyfriend and your friends have all noticed there probably is something there it would be different if it was just you picking up on these things.
anyas18517
Rep:
?
(Original post by student2134)
If your other friends noticed maybe get one of them to say to her she's being weird, so you don't have to be the one accusing her. Tbh if your boyfriend and your friends have all noticed there probably is something there it would be different if it was just you picking up on these things.
Yeah your right thank you, just dont want to fall out with her
anyas18517
Rep:
?
(Original post by Afforestation)
I like chicken's idea - go buy some industrial size plastic sheets and tell her to come round (maybe use bf as bait). Then get a big shovel and hit her over the head and youll be done. idk maybe bury her in your garden or something.

Really though, since your boyfriend knows and doesnt like her back, you should confront her about it with him with you, or do something sly of letting her know your boyfriend will never like her etc. You can do these things without breaking a friendship, it just has to be subtle. If you get him to say it, she cant blame you.
The boyfriend agrees with you !! He said we should just play along with it and if she makes a move hes gonna shoot her down hahahha
A giant chicken
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Tbh not the worst idea hahhaahha
Just don't tell the police it was my idea if u get caught...otherwise I may have to assassinate you. Nothing personal, just how business works. (Jk lol)
A giant chicken
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Afforestation)

Ah that would be an OK plan but u would have to put her body in a body bag before u bury her otherwise her DNA would get into the soil and u would get caught.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by A giant chicken)
She could hire a professional contractor. I volunteer as tribute.
bobs my uncle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Threesome.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You are pussy footing around this too much OP, your friend is acting like they are trying to steal your bf ...but you don't want to mention it to her and are willing to slide because she has been unsuccessful

I would have a stern word with her, and tell her multiple people have noticed and for her to stop it immediately as it's not on.

[and if you find out she's doing it again in the future then you need to ditch her as a friend]
GandalfWhite
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Are you sure you are her best friend? Why is she your best friend anyway?
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If your boyfriend has noticed her trying to get his attention, it's fairly obvious she likes him cause guys are notoriously bad at noticing what's right in front of them. I'd speak to her about both her behaviour towards your boyfriend and why she's been slating you in group chats behind your back. It sounds like she's jealous - you're now involved in the school show as well as her and she's worried you'll steal her thunder, she's copying you and trying to flirt with your boyfriend, basically she doesn't want to lose out on any attention.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
As I said in this other thread, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5361970
if she think's they'd make a nice couple, she should get out of her friends way and let her have a crack at her boyfriend.
And then leave the boyfriend to decide if he wants to go with her or not.
If they do get together, anyas should be happy for them both.

The goal here is to be coolest girl ever. So cool that you don't mind if your best friend is hitting on your boyfriend.
All this talk about assassinating her or having stern words with her or getting jealous and possessive about him is uncool.
Afforestation
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The boyfriend agrees with you !! He said we should just play along with it and if she makes a move hes gonna shoot her down hahahha
Try making a groupchat where you try to find her a bf and put your bf in it. It will be the ULTIMATE third wheel for her and it'll show her who's boss haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (116)
17.6%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.62%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (115)
17.45%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.72%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
30.05%

Watched Threads