AQA Politics GOVP1 Predictions Watch

calderar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey,

Does anyone have any predictions for questions on Topic 1 (Participation and Voting Behaviour) and for Topic 2 (Electoral Systems)?

Thanks
AnALevelStudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Are u retaking?? I am too! I presume there wont be a referendums question as it made up all of last years electoral systems question but u never know
calderar
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm sitting AS and A2 for the first time this year! I think they might recycle a lot of questions this year since it's the last year of the exam
ioWolfdinii
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Same calderar ! Thought I was one of the only few taking this as government is a subject people usually pass so not many retake. I feel like they may base this years one on one from before 2013 as you rightly said, it's the last year.
Either that or I think it'll have to do with brexit (hoping not)
OperationALevels
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Does anyone have any predictions for GOVP2 parliament and core executive?
AnALevelStudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Can someone explain why the use of referendums has increased since 1997???
wowza09
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by AnALevelStudent)
Can someone explain why the use of referendums has increased since 1997???
- rise in controversial issues
- rise in informal politics than formal: 38 degrees (UK campaign group has 2.5 million members whereas, the Labour Party has 552,000 members) has more members - shift from party membership to pressure group (so influence of pressure groups is higher)
- role of mass media
- increasing political participation: general elections are fixed term - without referendums it will lead to voter fatigue
- increased internet access: people are becoming more aware and are putting their views forward
- increase in single issues: people are more attracted to individual decision making and action than group

HOWEVER, providing the use of referendums:
- subject to influence of external groups (Cambridge analytica - eu referendum 2016)
- democratic overload
- holds the views of the day
ioWolfdinii
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Does anyone have suggestions for time management as the time given is generally too short..
calderar
Rep:
?
ioWolfdinii did you manage to finish on time? Literally finished on the second.

Not sure how well I answered the 25 marker for topic 1?? I made a point for how class was a more prevalent in the past, but then made a rebuttal about how it was still important. I did the same with 2 points about gender and then finished with a point on ethnicity. Does that sound about right? I've basically answered it how I'd answer a 'discuss question'...
ioWolfdinii
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I did finish, but didn't really have enough time to go into depth and compare properly for them A grades
calderar
Rep:
?
Are you applying for Uni ioWolfdinii? What grades do you need?
ioWolfdinii
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah I am, need AAB/ABB
calderar
Rep:
?
Can anyone confirm what the 10 mark question was on electoral systems topic 2? Was it to the effect that FPTP are more representative than party lists??
Samee Aslam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by calderar)
Hey,

Does anyone have any predictions for questions on Topic 1 (Participation and Voting Behaviour) and for Topic 2 (Electoral Systems)?

Thanks
Would anyone be kind enough to share their notes with me? Im also doing AQA AS Politics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.25%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.62%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.78%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.04%
No, I chose not to (168)
29.32%