The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE Exam Thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omagh234
Found it quite difficult but still think I have done better than the listening surprisingly the last page wasn't too bad, however the children having 'teddy bear picnics' at the library was quite cheeky of ccea considering that specific vocab is nowhere

Yeah that’s what I thought too
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ArrayOfSun
I am but I've been focusing on English Literature so much I've barely revised it. Let's just hope it's not too bad and I remember stuff from the listening

How are you revising for English lit? I have no idea where to start
Reply 62
Original post by BordLife
I'm not feeling too bad about it; 2 weeks is really enough for any GCSE, but I guess it depends on the person. As well as Geography I do History (Cold War), Technology, Double Award Science, Unit 9 for R.E (philosophy paper) and Maths and English Language. I've typed up notes for all these subjects (except Maths and English I don't really make notes for these two) based on mark schemes, textbooks and revision guides.

I'll post my one for geog here, but if any one wants me to send a pdf of any of these subjects I'm happy to do so.

Do you have notes for history and double award science? im dreading these exams, notes would really help :smile:
Original post by RandomUser2
How are you revising for English lit? I have no idea where to start

For drama I'm just trying to understand the play as thoroughly as possible at this point considering it's open book and I can check if I need to. Poetry on the other hand I have no clue for, may just read a load of past papers, reread my notes and annotations and hope for the best.
I'm doing Blood Brothers for drama and love and death for poetry btw
Did anyone do French higher reading
Original post by Sososokskks

yes
Original post by ArrayOfSun
For drama I'm just trying to understand the play as thoroughly as possible at this point considering it's open book and I can check if I need to. Poetry on the other hand I have no clue for, may just read a load of past papers, reread my notes and annotations and hope for the best.
I'm doing Blood Brothers for drama and love and death for poetry btw

Thanks, do you know what the raw marks were for an a or an a* for this paper last year?
I am currently FREAKING OUT over English Lit, History, Christian Ethics RE, Child Development and Spanish.

I'm doing BB and Heaney and Hardy. Not exactly sure about BB, but so far themes have been country life (2017), encounter with animals(2016), nature(2015), traditional work(2014), reactions to nature(2013) and strong memories(2012.) Thatcher and The Old Workman only relate to the Theme of Traditional Work, so I doubt it'll come up (however, it's best to work on everything just in case) So far the themes that haven't come up yet are Writing Poetry, Old Age, The Past, Man and Natural World(conflict with man v nature), Disappointment, Cycle of Life and Observation so I think it's going to be a tough one. I'm so scared because I'd really like an A in lit but...I need about 78% with my current exam grades!!
For Drama I think it'll be Edward for Blood Brothers 2 and Movement for 3b. Not exactly sure though, I only assumed because those are the ones that haven't been on the papers for quite some time now. The rest tho. OMG. HELP. AHHH!!!
But I'll be honest, for yous all doing English lit unit 2, don't just revise your annotations. REVISE THEMES AND WHAT POEMS MATCH UP TO THEM TOO!!! that's my advice. Cause you could end up with a really bad theme essay for question 2a, and might have to go with 2b. If you don't know what poems go with what theme you'll end up losing all 40 marks!!! PLEASE!! DON'T!!! FORGET!!! THEMES!!!
Original post by Kalcina
I am currently FREAKING OUT over English Lit, History, Christian Ethics RE, Child Development and Spanish.

I'm doing BB and Heaney and Hardy. Not exactly sure about BB, but so far themes have been country life (2017), encounter with animals(2016), nature(2015), traditional work(2014), reactions to nature(2013) and strong memories(2012.) Thatcher and The Old Workman only relate to the Theme of Traditional Work, so I doubt it'll come up (however, it's best to work on everything just in case) So far the themes that haven't come up yet are Writing Poetry, Old Age, The Past, Man and Natural World(conflict with man v nature), Disappointment, Cycle of Life and Observation so I think it's going to be a tough one. I'm so scared because I'd really like an A in lit but...I need about 78% with my current exam grades!!

I think disappointment has come up a few times actually, in 2014 and 2017, and so has old age but also I feel ( well I hope) that at least one of the questions will be a similar theme to in the past as they have repeated themes such as disappointment, nature and memories several times😬
Original post by Sar7
Do you have notes for history and double award science? im dreading these exams, notes would really help :smile:

Yeah, sure. My notes are all higher tier, but if you are sitting foundation for any of these then you can just check out the specification to distinguish higher tier material. At the moment I don't know why, but TSR will only allow me to post my notes for History and Biology. Not for physics or Chemistry.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sososokskks

me
Original post by orlab123
me

how did u find it
Original post by omagh234
how did u find it

quite hard, I'm not that good at French though so I expected it. What about you?
Original post by orlab123
quite hard, I'm not that good at French though so I expected it. What about you?

thought it was alright but dont think I was specific enough on the last question so dont think I've done as well now as I has hoped
I only have three exams left to do: History on June 8, RE Ethics June 1 and English Literature May 22. I'm more concerned for History as it's my last exam and the one I find the easiest to study for resources wise.
Reply 77
An August Midnight, trout and overlooking the river stour haven’t came up in ages might be them
any predictions for the geography paper 2?
Original post by heyguysgcse
any predictions for the geography paper 2?

freiburg, titanic is a sure bet, aid case study and waste management

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending