The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Work in Industry

We were told during the open day, that we were to do 6 months or something of experience in industry. Does anyone know (especially calling all old school Imperial Computer Science students) roughly how much you can be expected to be paid during the 6 months? I was told, the salary was quite decent, but any vague ideas as to figures? I'm calculating all my finances ysee, cause I want to end up in Southside or Garden Hall :biggrin:
cheers
Reply 1
The placement is at the end of year 3...
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
It's from April to the end of September in third year. Salary will be between £6k (e.g. games industry) to £15k (e.g. bank) for the six months, with normal technology companies in the middle.

Southside isn't worth the money. Really. It's nice, but if money's an issue it's nicer to be somewhere cheaper and be able to afford to go out.
Reply 3
The pay can go up to £18000 gross actually (plus a relocation allowance which is usually about £1000) in some investment banks :smile:.
Reply 4
xaxa
It's from April to the end of September in third year. Salary will be between £6k (e.g. games industry) to £15k (e.g. bank) for the six months, with normal technology companies in the middle.

Southside isn't worth the money. Really. It's nice, but if money's an issue it's nicer to be somewhere cheaper and be able to afford to go out.

It's not really an issue, i just want to know how much to take out... at current, id be on less than 10000 debt at the end of uni

Latest

Trending

Trending