Can a teacher put you in a taxi if you’re drunk?

Watch
Anonymous78910
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
69Tekashi69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whats the issue?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
similar has happened to me before on numerous occasions when I were at school. Never had a teacher take a cab with me home lol but I've had teachers come pick me up at home and drive to school to make sure i went to school especially for exams or hours needed to qualify for exams. :dontknow: I mean I dont think theres anything saying a teacher cant, I called it meddling but its not illegal. Its just like a stranger being a good samaritan i guess.
69Tekashi69
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
similar has happened to me before on numerous occasions when I were at school. Never had a teacher take a cab with me home lol but I've had teachers come pick me up at home and drive to school to make sure i went to school especially for exams or hours needed to qualify for exams. :dontknow: I mean I dont think theres anything saying a teacher cant, I called it meddling but its not illegal. Its just like a stranger being a good samaritan i guess.
If said student is drinking under the age if 18 then the teacher should call the police not a taxi.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
wtf ? the teacher could well have saved this foolish child's life, or prevented a sexual assault.

:facepalm2:
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
"in the UK giving a student a lift without parental consent constitutes child abduction, which is not something a teacher wants on their criminal record"
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bulletzone)
"in the UK giving a student a lift without parental consent constitutes child abduction, which is not something a teacher wants on their criminal record"
if my teachers picked me up at home...obvs my mum agreed to it :hmmm:

and in op's case, they didnt give them a lift, they paid for a taxi or whatever it was
69Tekashi69
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because we live in a time where everything is BS, just the other day I witnessed a child fall of his bike and was crying and I debated whether to even help him just incase I get accused of something. In the end I helped him and put his chain back on his bike as it had slipped off, l saw his mum come running down the rosd and thought “great Im in trouble now” but luckily she wasnt a social ****** and realised my intentions were good.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've seen this happen.

The teacher didn't "make" the student get into the taxi. She persuaded them. Force was not used.

And yes, there isn't anything wrong with teachers sharing a taxi with students. The main problem with teachers and students being in a car together is usually there is no witness as to what occurred, and the student could make all sorts of accusations which the teacher has no way of disproving. With a taxi driver present, this is not the case.

In that case a teacher abducted me. She gave me (and another student) a lift from school into town where we all went for a meal (with lots of other people) at a hotel. This was arranged an hour before leaving, at the students' request and parents were not consulted. Reality is parents would have consented as they have done before for this teacher to give me lifts home occasionally. It's simply a question of trust.
username2752874
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous78910)
So, my friends went clubbing yesterday, and apparently they saw my English teacher, who also teaches one of my other friends who went out. The friend who is also taught by this teacher was really drunk apparently, and they said the teacher called her a taxi and made her get in (nothing physical, just verbally made her) and then said that she’d be ringing her mum to make sure she got home okay. Apparently she also offered to get in the taxi with her to make sure She was okay and safe as all the other friends didn’t want to go home yet, but didn’t end up doing this and instead just left her to it in the taxi. I say apparently a lot as my friends have a tendency to exaggerate things a lot so idk if it’s actually true, but if it is, can this teacher actually do this?? As in make her get in the taxi, and then offer to get in with her???
Pretty sure he did nothing illegal; I (and I think most would) say he did the right thing
Bulletzone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
I've seen this happen.

In that case a teacher abducted me. She gave me (and another student) a lift from school into town where we all went for a meal (with lots of other people) at a hotel. This was arranged an hour before leaving, at the students' request and parents were not consulted. Reality is parents would have consented as they have done before for this teacher to give me lifts home occasionally. It's simply a question of trust.
You think the law would give a flying damn about whether your parents "trust" the teacher?
If she was caught doing so and there was no written consent she'd be in a lot of trouble.

I don't support this movement as, if a student was in a dire situation, it seems stupid that a teacher should feel put off helping them; to just keep their job.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I doubt that's the way it works in actual reality

please provide a source

i've never heard stories of Tim's mum getting arrested because she saw sally on the way to school and decided to give her a life ...etc
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You think the law would give a flying damn about whether your parents "trust" the teacher?
No I don't and I've said nothing to suggest so either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (150)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (453)
14.8%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (342)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (426)
13.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (145)
4.74%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (186)
6.08%
Loneliness (263)
8.59%
Financial worries (111)
3.63%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (139)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (167)
5.46%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (269)
8.79%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (287)
9.38%

Watched Threads