The Student Room Group

We need proof you're from the EEA and in the UK for reasons of work

I sent my application to Student Finance Wales last month and I am still getting this message on the site: "We need proof you're from the EEA and in the UK for reasons of work". I applied as a family member of an EEA migrant worker so I am confused as to why I am getting this. I have actively applied for work but I have had no success and I am currently receiving psychiatric help.

Previously, It said that I also needed to fill a form for Welsh Residency check. So I called SFW, and an adviser told me that I don't need to send any evidence that I am working: my dad would only need to provide his payslips and I would need to send my bank statement, along with the residency form. I sent the documents that were required of me and waited until I got a response.

Three weeks later, it still shows the "we need proof" message, only this time, the Welsh Residency Check is in a separate bullet point. Did they really get everything? I tracked my delivery and it states that it successfully arrived at the office. Should I call them again?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by HellKnight
I sent my application to Student Finance Wales last month and I am still getting this message on the site: "We need proof you're from the EEA and in the UK for reasons of work". I applied as a family member of an EEA migrant worker so I am confused as to why I am getting this. I have actively applied for work but I have had no success and I am currently receiving psychiatric help.

Previously, It said that I also needed to fill a form for Welsh Residency check. So I called SFW, and an adviser told me that I don't need to send any evidence that I am working: my dad would only need to provide his payslips and I would need to send my bank statement, along with the residency form. I sent the documents that were required of me and waited until I got a response.

Three weeks later, it still shows the "we need proof" message, only this time, the Welsh Residency Check is in a separate bullet point. Did they really get everything? I tracked my delivery and it states that it successfully arrived at the office. Should I call them again?

Sometimes it can take a few weeks after they recieve the evidence for it to go through their system. Took around 3-4 weeks for my parent's household income forms to process and for it to update online last year.
Of course that's a slightly different situation to you but the issue is probably the same.

However if you have doubts, there's no harm in calling them. They may be able to confirm they received your evidence and if it's still being processed or if there were any issues.
Original post by HellKnight

Hi HellKnight,

To check the progress of your evidence you should give Student Finance Wales a call on,

Tel: 0300 200 4050
(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest