The Student Room Group

How do i?

How do i start talking to a girl i ignored 3 consecutive times?

little backstory:

We met due to my close, even though we have a class together so we see each other 3 times a week. She ''liked'' him at a party but he had a girlfriend at the time. Didn't show any interest after that.

I get invited to her birthday party everything goes well.

We start messaging on snapchat, she pops up regularly. But never in class its awkward.

I find out she's got a boyfriend but talks about him like she dont want him.

She calls me handsome and stuff.

I feel weird so i ignore her 3 times in a row.

Current situation: She blocked me from seeing her snapchat story, but my close friend tells me it seems her and her ''man'' are on a break or have broken.

On thursday in class she looked so beautiful and wish i had never ignored her.

So i just want to start talking to her.

H E L P!!
Original post by Anonymous

little backstory:

We met due to my close, even though we have a class together so we see each other 3 times a week. She ''liked'' him at a party but he had a girlfriend at the time. Didn't show any interest after that.

We start messaging on snapchat, she pops up regularly. But never in class its awkward.

Current situation: She blocked me from seeing her snapchat story, but my close friend tells me it seems her and her ''man'' are on a break or have broken.

H E L P!!

Just go for it and talk to her. What do you have to lose!!

little backstory:

H E L P!!

try and talk to her face to face. if she dosent want to talk to u it is her loss.some people are not worth it.
Reply 3
Original post by coffecoffecoffe
try and talk to her face to face. if she dosent want to talk to u it is her loss.some people are not worth it.

But wouldn't it be awkward? i ignored you and made you look like a mug but hey IM BACKKK.

Even choosing a topic would be a mission impossible.
Reply 4
Original post by mygradesarecrap
Just go for it and talk to her. What do you have to lose!!

how would i spark up the conversation?
Reply 5
bump
I think your shot at talking to her again is very slim. She has you blocked on snapchat so that says something lol. If you really want to talk to her, just talk to her in person or message her through another social media platform, you don't lose anything with trying it that way.
Reply 7
I think your shot at talking to her again is very slim. She has you blocked on snapchat so that says something lol. If you really want to talk to her, just talk to her in person or message her through another social media platform, you don't lose anything with trying it that way.

She hasn't blocked me completely just off her story.

Besides she popped up wishing me good luck for one of my exams like a week ago and yesterday she laughed at something that i had said upon talking to one of my classmates.

We sit on the same table however not facing each other but can sometimes get weird lol.

So its just i dont want to look like a beg. Dont wanna hurt my pride either lol.
I've spoken to women who claim to have a boyfriend, or are having sexual relations with someone & say they aren't happy with their situation but find me attractive. The issue being that attachment is a real thing, and it's harsh but, anyone wanting to move on seriously have to do it out of their own will. Usually there's nothing you can do to stop someone else feeling attached to another person.

I've been in a bad situation with past partners and despite what people told me about how bad they were I stayed until I was hurt. Then i learned my lesson. So if they haven't broken up but she doesn't want to be with him there's a high chance she'll be comfortable staying with him and having you there as someone to take her mind off things. In other words: Friend Zoned Until Further Notice. People genuinely speak to someone else behind their partners back to feel like they have an upper hand and can move on when ever.

someone tried to do this to me recently. She showed more interest once I explained how Im uncomfortable being a 'side piece' and told her shes the only one who can decide whats best for her & hoped she sorted things out with the guy. you wont have to do that though

on the other hand if you believe the break up was genuine and not whole ass terrible then you don't want to be a rebound. You don't want to come across as an opportunist & people need genuine space after breakups, good or bad. The best thing you can do is approach her casually in person and talk. Make her laugh, ask her how she is etc. . She'll likely tell you what shes going through without you having to ask. if she does, listen, be understanding and dont dwell on the topic for too long.

two ways -
first -

You - [Greetings]

Her - [greetings]

You - [ask about the work/activity shes doing, show interest]

Her - [appreciates interest, explains]

then from there you can drop a joke/sarcastic comment etc make her laugh . a Casual off topic conversation will ensue, randomly drop a passive comment about the snapchat if you want , then get into saying "anyway, how are you !?". . the ball is rolling from there.

second way -

You - [Greetings]

Her - [greetings]

You - How are you, haven't spoke to you for a while. .

Her - [explained feelings, possibly gives cue that something is wrong. (im okay , but...; hmm, not too bad ) asks about you]

The issue with asking someone how they are straight away is if theyre not feeling great, they're likely to indulge in that feeling for a while & It can be hard to come back from that lol ..

you got it man , dont plan , just go in, have a positive outlook and be you !

EDIT - you can tell my someones body language if they want to be approached &/or feel comfortable with the subject of conversation. People give off micro micro facial expressions all the time, they can't help it. if you can learn to read these & body posture you'll never ask someone how to approach somebody you like again.. There are Youtube videos you can watch about these things.. its interesting.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by VoluntarySuccess
I've spoken to women who claim to have a boyfriend, or are having sexual relations with someone & say they aren't happy with their situation but find me attractive. The issue being that attachment is a real thing, and it's harsh but, anyone wanting to move on seriously have to do it out of their own will. Usually there's nothing you can do to stop someone else feeling attached to another person.

I've been in a bad situation with past partners and despite what people told me about how bad they were I stayed until I was hurt. Then i learned my lesson. So if they haven't broken up but she doesn't want to be with him there's a high chance she'll be comfortable staying with him and having you there as someone to take her mind off things. In other words: Friend Zoned Until Further Notice. People genuinely speak to someone else behind their partners back to feel like they have an upper hand and can move on when ever.

someone tried to do this to me recently. She showed more interest once I explained how Im uncomfortable being a 'side piece' and told her shes the only one who can decide whats best for her & hoped she sorted things out with the guy. you wont have to do that though

on the other hand if you believe the break up was genuine and not whole ass terrible then you don't want to be a rebound. You don't want to come across as an opportunist & people need genuine space after breakups, good or bad. The best thing you can do is approach her casually in person and talk. Make her laugh, ask her how she is etc. . She'll likely tell you what shes going through without you having to ask. if she does, listen, be understanding and dont dwell on the topic for too long.

two ways -
first -

You - [Greetings]

Her - [greetings]

You - [ask about the work/activity shes doing, show interest]

Her - [appreciates interest, explains]

then from there you can drop a joke/sarcastic comment etc make her laugh . a Casual off topic conversation will ensue, randomly drop a passive comment about the snapchat if you want , then get into saying "anyway, how are you !?". . the ball is rolling from there.

second way -

You - [Greetings]

Her - [greetings]

You - How are you, haven't spoke to you for a while. .

Her - [explained feelings, possibly gives cue that something is wrong. (im okay , but...; hmm, not too bad ) asks about you]

The issue with asking someone how they are straight away is if theyre not feeling great, they're likely to indulge in that feeling for a while & It can be hard to come back from that lol ..

you got it man , dont plan , just go in, have a positive outlook and be you !

EDIT - you can tell my someones body language if they want to be approached &/or feel comfortable with the subject of conversation. People give off micro micro facial expressions all the time, they can't help it. if you can learn to read these & body posture you'll never ask someone how to approach somebody you like again.. There are Youtube videos you can watch about these things.. its interesting.

lol im too shy to do that. Everyone in the class would be looking at me especially my friends and will start laughing.

Now you've made me thing that all those compliments and pop ups were just friendly and im taking them as something completely different.
lol im too shy to do that. Everyone in the class would be looking at me especially my friends and will start laughing.

Now you've made me thing that all those compliments and pop ups were just friendly and im taking them as something completely different.

You have to do whats best for you. A huge mistake i made a few years ago was to worry too much about what my friends thought! A lot of the girls I liked are now in amazing relationships. The immature friends who would laugh are now in relationships. Let them laugh, you have to come across as confident, she'll appreciate it. If it help approach her after class?

Its dangerous only talking to her online because real life vs online conversations are quite different & its hard to read the context of things over text, you cant tell how someone really feels! that why people feel more confident online. If you really want her you will do anything to get her.

I used to be extremely shy, like completely. The only person who managed to turn that around was me! I promise you , if you approach her once then the subsequent times will be easy. Everything is nerve-racking for the first time.

& about the compliments, she wouldn't say them if she didnt mean it!
She hasn't blocked me completely just off her story.

Besides she popped up wishing me good luck for one of my exams like a week ago and yesterday she laughed at something that i had said upon talking to one of my classmates.

We sit on the same table however not facing each other but can sometimes get weird lol.

So its just i dont want to look like a beg. Dont wanna hurt my pride either lol.

Well the thing is, you're going to have to let go of your pride someway somehow if you want to talk to her again. I get the prideful-ness, I'm quite prideful myself but if you don't let go of it then you won't ever talk to her or message her. Just give it a try via text or messenger and see if she responds and if not then at least it wasn't in person.
Original post by VoluntarySuccess
You have to do whats best for you. A huge mistake i made a few years ago was to worry too much about what my friends thought! A lot of the girls I liked are now in amazing relationships. The immature friends who would laugh are now in relationships. Let them laugh, you have to come across as confident, she'll appreciate it. If it help approach her after class?

Its dangerous only talking to her online because real life vs online conversations are quite different & its hard to read the context of things over text, you cant tell how someone really feels! that why people feel more confident online. If you really want her you will do anything to get her.

I used to be extremely shy, like completely. The only person who managed to turn that around was me! I promise you , if you approach her once then the subsequent times will be easy. Everything is nerve-racking for the first time.

& about the compliments, she wouldn't say them if she didnt mean it!

Well the thing is, you're going to have to let go of your pride someway somehow if you want to talk to her again. I get the prideful-ness, I'm quite prideful myself but if you don't let go of it then you won't ever talk to her or message her. Just give it a try via text or messenger and see if she responds and if not then at least it wasn't in person.

I think doing it through text is one of the worst ways especially in this day and age where people like to screenshot and expose. I'd rather do it in person because then you get a real response rather than get humiliated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending