mg1456
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm undecided as to whether or not I would like to study Law at Glasgow or Edinburgh University.

I understand that Glasgow has an excellent reputation for law as applicants are required to take the LNAT Test and basic entry requirements are high. Moreover the university has an excellent debating society which has produced some of the top legal and political minds in Scotland. However, I'm not a huge fan of the city and would like to experience something a bit different; I've lived in Greater Glasgow all my life and would like a bit of a change.

I am also aware that Edinburgh University has an excellent reputation for law and that nationally, and internationally, the university has a world class reputation. I think this could be useful if, in the end, I decide to pursue a career outside the law as having a degree from Edinburgh University is highly sought after- I'm told Edinburgh University is roughly on par with prestigious institutions such as Durham, St Andrews, Exeter etc. However, the downside with Edinburgh is that entry requirements are much more liberal than Glasgow- will this be a disadvantage when applying to a law firm?

Please help!
mg1456
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m more keen on working in London than in Scotland.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You still debate at uni? I didn't know people did that.

Might one say you're a master debater?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (445)
56.33%
I don't have everything I need (345)
43.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed