Royal Holloway Accommodation Watch

sude20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I'm a new Rhul student, and just got an offer from Wedderburn hall, should I accept it or go to The Pad? Please help, is it a nice hall? Overall, is The Pad better than Wedderburn?
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sude20)
Hi everyone, I'm a new Rhul student, and just got an offer from Wedderburn hall, should I accept it or go to The Pad? Please help, is it a nice hall? Overall, is The Pad better than Wedderburn?
Hi, I've moved your thread into the RHUL forum. You might find this thread useful: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5294042
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sude20)
Hi sude20,

If you haven't had the opportunity to view Wedderburn in person, you can take a look at it in on our website here. You can also find information about what you can expect from this hall here.

Gowar, Wedderburn, Butler, Tuke and Williamson all have the same facilities so you may be interested in chatting to a few students on our website here as some of them will have personal experience in these halls.

I hope this helps!

Susana
apple583
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Pad isn't university accommodation, it's private accommodation charged at an extortionate fee. If you want to meet people, stay in halls with the uni. The Pad and Podium are just for rich international students who don't want to make friends.
polaroidfilms
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Overall, The Pad is better than Wedderburn in terms of room. You'll obviously still be able to make friends wherever you stay. Personally, I'd choose wedderburn for first year to get the full fresher experience and then choose the pad/ podium after
Izzyeviel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Pad is nicer, but its more expensive and just off campus. You're better off at Wedderburn, better community feel and more likely to make friends and living in a forest setting is awesome if you like the outdoors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads