The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

I had bio and econ today and they were both EASY!
I am starting to get scared now cos i genuinely think im going to get AAB or AAA in which case i wont be going to birmingham and probably wont be doing economics!, so i may not see u guys!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Where will you be going then?
Reply 342
cantthinkofaname
I am starting to get scared now cos i genuinely think im going to get AAB or AAA in which case i wont be going to birmingham and probably wont be doing economics!, so i may not see u guys!

Why so?
Reply 343
dandon_30
i talked about an exam before the 12 hours limit or sth like that!! and all i said was that i messed up!!! not fair!!

ditto! but hey ho we only have them for 14days or something? it was quite funny though, it was an absolutely horrible exam, everyone moaned on the c4 page, all saying sh--. at least they'll mark it up if it was hard :biggrin:
e-lover
Why so?

cos i cant underperform.

the C4 is always a very hard paper so you've probably actually done rather well.
Reply 345
cantthinkofaname

I really am not getting what you are saying! if you get an AAB or AAA you achieve higher requirements ..so then where will you be going?
i would take a gap year and apply to kings, st.andrews, bath, imperial and cambridge to do a different subject (not sure what).
I would only go to b'ham if i got ABB otherwise i could go somewhere else.
Reply 347
cantthinkofaname
i would take a gap year and apply to kings, st.andrews, bath, imperial and cambridge to do a different subject (not sure what).

snob :p:
cantthinkofaname

So much for saying that Birmingham's Economics was as good as any other non top 5 uni. :rolleyes:
Reply 349
cantthinkofaname

Dude!! I am an honour society student, a CIE student award winner, was the youngest journalist in Jordan, and I am predicted 4 A's. I could've done medicine or engineering or any stereotypical prestigeous degree. BUt i choose to be an economist, becuase to be an economist is not an easy thing! To have the ability to think like an economist and integrate mathematics with real life problems, to have a twisted mind like that of a true economist is not an ordinary ability! And for your information those with an economics degree are accepted in american universities to do law faster that the original pre-law students!
If you are ashamed of becoming an economist at Brum then you shouldn't be on this thread. Becuase this thread is for people who have confidence in ability and who aspire to become brilliant infleuntial people in the future. And i won't have anyone on this thread condescending all of us out here. An economist BUbs is no less than a doctor, lawyer, or engineer in anyway. Because one who understands the economy will always be the one who predicts future incidents and be prepared, an economist will be the enterpreuner who knows when the demand for all of those other doctors, engineers, lawyers will decrease and increase and much more!

A very mad and proud prospective economist!!
Reply 350
dandon_30
Dude!! I am an honour society student, a CIE student award winner, was the youngest journalist in Jordan, and I am predicted 4 A's. I could've done medicine or engineering or any stereotypical prestigeous degree. BUt i choose to be an economist, becuase to be an economist is not an easy thing! To have the ability to think like an economist and integrate mathematics with real life problems, to have a twisted mind like that of a true economist is not an ordinary ability! And for your information those with an economics degree are accepted in american universities to do law faster that the original pre-law students!
If you are ashamed of becoming an economist at Brum then you shouldn't be on this thread. Becuase this thread is for people who have confidence in ability and who aspire to become brilliant infleuntial people in the future. And i won't have anyone on this thread condescending all of us out here. An economist BUbs is no less than a doctor, lawyer, or engineer in anyway. Because one who understands the economy will always be the one who predicts future incidents and be prepared, an economist will be the enterpreuner who knows when the demand for all of those other doctors, engineers, lawyers will decrease and increase and much more!

Very, very well said. If I hadn't used my rep to neg rep someone lol You'd have it lol. And wow on your achievements "youngest journalist in Jordan", wowwwww!! lol
dandon_30

Talk about blowing your trumpet...Why didn't you go to LSE?
Reply 352
prospectivEEconomist
Talk about blowing your trumpet...Why didn't you go to LSE?

I wasn't trying to show off at all. And I am sorry if it come out like that in anyway, I wanted to tell cantthinkofaname that overachieveing doesn't give your the right to condscend friendly people on this post that are dremaing of meeting their offers. Besides even if he overachieves the competition out there is sky high and what makes him think he'll be accepted anywhere better.

Now that it besides the point, but I did apply to LSE and was rejected. Because there are a million other A students out there with great qualifications and somehow for some reason they deserve the place I applied for more than I do. And honestly my O-levels weren't as impressive, compared to those who got 12 A*s.
Reply 353
dandon_30
he he he thnx! when it comes to pride and defending my principles I told you I am very much like an Elizabeth benning!

Don't you mean Elizabeth Bennet? :shock:
Reply 354
e-lover
Don't you mean Elizabeth Bennet? :shock:

lool! yeah elizabeth bennet. where did I come up with benning from!! lool!
Reply 355
damn its getting firey in here!!..but i do agree with dina..:smile:..GO DINA! GO DINA!..SHAKE UR BOOTY!!..LOL im jkin..hehe
Reply 356
listen doing economics and politics at birmingham university is well respected in the global world...i know so many people that went to brum to do economics and politics, that have made it so big within the first 10 years of there career...n when i say big..i mean BIG..£££££££!!!!!

neways i dont wanna annoy anyone so im out of this lil topic lol

n btw, i would give anything to do economics at birmingham..its like my dream!..i would be so proud..lol
Reply 357
dandon_30
lool! yeah elizabeth bennet. where did I come up with benning from!! lool!

Lol! Darcy forgives you :bigsmile:
dandon_30
I wasn't trying to show off at all. And I am sorry if it come out like that in anyway, I wanted to tell cantthinkofaname that overachieveing doesn't give your the right to condscend friendly people on this post that are dremaing of meeting their offers. Besides even if he overachieves the competition out there is sky high and what makes him think he'll be accepted anywhere better.

Now that it besides the point, but I did apply to LSE and was rejected. Because there are a million other A students out there with great qualifications and somehow for some reason they deserve the place I applied for more than I do. And honestly my O-levels weren't as impressive, compared to those who got 12 A*s.

I am not trying to snub bham economics. the main reason why i would change is cos i dont want to do a mathematical degree (yes i know i did apply for it), therefore doing a different subject with lesser mathematics at a good uni may be better for me. to be honest bham wasnt my first choice as i didnt want to go to a big uni or a big city (except London) and thats really why i am reluctant going if i have the chance to go to a uni in london or scotland. im not critising bham as it is a good uni and is ranked #4 for economics in the UK (higher than Warwick etc.) and its a great place to be to get a job, im just not sure whether its the place for me.
simB
listen doing economics and politics at birmingham university is well respected in the global world...i know so many people that went to brum to do economics and politics, that have made it so big within the first 10 years of there career...n when i say big..i mean BIG..£££££££!!!!!

neways i dont wanna annoy anyone so im out of this lil topic lol

n btw, i would give anything to do economics at birmingham..its like my dream!..i would be so proud..lol

how big?

Latest

Trending

Trending