The Student Room Group

Edexcel 9-1 GCSE Computer Science Paper 1 Monday 14th May 2018 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by beffmcleff
Does anyone remember the answer to the 5-mark download time question?

(81 x 1024 x 1024 x 8)
__________________ seconds
(54 x 1000 x 1000)
Reply 61
they werent in the exam - it was the DNS server and IP addresses you had to know for that 5 marker.
I mean I put down the third box I think, I don't remember the options
was i right to ramble on about ip addresses and explain packet switching in that router 5 mark Q?
I'm quite sure the question asked "how many comparisons" for the binary search question so I would expect them to be wanting a number. Hence why just stating where best and worst case occurred is not good enough. I wrote : 1 comparison for best case and :n number of comparisons for worst case. However im quite sure worst case is :log n comparisons.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by MaSharKo
I got 8 in my mocks, but I found this test way easier than my mocks.

This makes me feel like I did a bunch of stupid mistakes I have not yet realized.
For the utility question, I also put down repairing secondary storage - none of the options were what I wanted to say, but the first one was the closest.

Yeah same I put secondary storage for that. I got a 9 in my mocks but this was a bit harder but cause of the last question and the cipher one.
For the worst case one in binary search I put that the target element is not in the array because they did not specify that it should be in the array/list
Reply 67
Can someone actually put the answers!
Reply 68
Original post by Bros4lyf
Guys What about Embedded systems? How they work in head lights of a vehicle?

I said logic statements to sense when it gets dark or when the master switch is turned on
Reply 69
the scheduling question for 2 marks, was it to allow for multitasking
Original post by Dil007
Just completed the exam want to say it went well but I shouldn't be to optimistic.

I would say the same
How are you guys revising for paper 2
grade boundaries?????
Reply 73
Best case- target value is the median Worst case - target value is either the first item on the list or the last item
They obviously had a different exam board to us, not a troll just different exam board
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by CompSciMaster
I don’t know... everyone I’ve spoken to agrees it was secondary storage repair, we'll have to wait.

the correct answer is secondary storage repair
Reply 76
Describe how the wireless router connects a mobile device to the internet?
Reply 77
Describe how the wireless router connects a mobile device to the network?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending