The Student Room Group

The Heart and Oxygen Dissociation

Hey, everyone! Does anyone have an easy way to remember the processes of the heart (in relation to valves, contractions ect and pressure changes), please? And a not so unrelated question: How do you remember the oxygen dissociation curve please?
Many thanks!!
Edit: Yep, am AQA :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bethal.Price
Hey, everyone! Does anyone have an easy way to remember the processes of the heart (in relation to valves, contractions ect and pressure changes), please? And a not so unrelated question: How do you remember the oxygen dissociation curve please?
Many thanks!!

Maybe try copying it down from the textbook as a flowchart, then possibly shortening it down to bullet points (maybe with an upwards arrow for increases)?
I like to remember it in terms of following the blood, rather than the heart itself. Bear in mind this is AQA content - you didn't say what exam board you are with, but AQA has all the content you've listed so I'm going to assume we have the same. Hope you don't mind all the detail I went into! Used this post as an excuse for some revision. :colondollar:

heart cycle

Spoiler

dissociation curves

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by brrrigid
I like to remember it in terms of following the blood, rather than the heart itself. Bear in mind this is AQA content - you didn't say what exam board you are with, but AQA has all the content you've listed so I'm going to assume we have the same. Hope you don't mind all the detail I went into! Used this post as an excuse for some revision. :colondollar:

heart cycle

Spoiler

dissociation curves

Spoiler

Nicely put, how do you revise Biology (AQA for me too)? Have you tried the 2017 paper? I feel like I fully revised but I only just scraped an A.
Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots
Nicely put, how do you revise Biology (AQA for me too)? Have you tried the 2017 paper? I feel like I fully revised but I only just scraped an A.

Thankyou - and I tend to just go through loads of questions, and if I find I can't recall enough about a topic, I'll revise that topic within the same day. I also use flashcards a lot, though more so for chem.

Yeah, I went through the 2017 - one thing that always trips me up is the wording. So so specific for AQA :frown:
Reply 5

heart cycle

Spoiler

dissociation curves

Spoiler

you are a hero among civilians. a god among men.
Original post by redonks
you are a hero among civilians. a god among men.

but you! are my wife! :gfight:

heart cycle

Spoiler

dissociation curves

Spoiler

What a hero, thank you so much!!!

Quick Reply