The Student Room Group

A-Level Maths - What are you expecting?

Hi guys,

I thought Iā€™d start this thread simply because I havenā€™t seen another discussion thread like it - please direct me if there is!

So the OCR Maths exams start today with FP1 and it got me thinking about what the rest of the exams will be like and what I want to gain from them.

I take Maths and Further Maths, and so far have the following grades:
C1 A C2 A S1 A M1 A D1 A FP1 B
(I canā€™t remember exact UMS scores hence why they arenā€™t listed).

I have C3, C4, M2, S2, D2, FP2 to come this year, and overall Iā€™m aiming for A* in Maths and A in F Maths.

The only ones Iā€™m a slightly apprehensive about at this point are FP2 and M2 (Wednesday!!) but hopefully they will go okay - what kind of grades have you guys got so far and what are you hoping for?

Are there any exams in particular youā€™re worried about?

And how difficult do you expect this yearā€™s exams to be compared to previous years?

Happy to discuss anything about my own experience so far as well šŸ™‚
tips for c1,c2 and s1?? need A
Reply 2
Original post by theuser123
tips for c1,c2 and s1?? need A

Bang out past-papers like thereā€™s no tomorrow and if there is a reoccurring topic that you get wrong go to Physics and Maths Tutor Questions by Topic for that module and just do those questions.

If you are tending to get the first half of the exam papers 100% struggling on the later questions, then only practice the later ones. Be wise with your study time.
Original post by _RobbieL_
Bang out past-papers like thereā€™s no tomorrow and if there is a reoccurring topic that you get wrong go to Physics and Maths Tutor Questions by Topic for that module and just do those questions.

If you are tending to get the first half of the exam papers 100% struggling on the later questions, then only practice the later ones. Be wise with your study time.

Ah, physics and maths tutor; I forgot about that, so thanks! Can't really give any advice better than this.

edexcel papers
solomon papers
on the road to complete those for each module ^ will i be oright???

thanks
Reply 5
edexcel papers
solomon papers
on the road to complete those for each module ^ will i be oright???

thanks

Yeah you sound as if youā€™ll be fine
Yeah you sound as if youā€™ll be fine

u started papers for c3 and c4??
Reply 7
u started papers for c3 and c4??

Yeah I finished them off (learning wise) back in October so been doing weekly papers ever since
Yeah I finished them off (learning wise) back in October so been doing weekly papers ever since

is your board edexcel??
i find c3 and c4 hard :// thats why im aiming for 90ums in c1 and c2 roughly the same in my applied modules
Reply 9
is your board edexcel??
i find c3 and c4 hard :// thats why im aiming for 90ums in c1 and c2 roughly the same in my applied modules

No Iā€™m on OCR

Quick Reply

Latest