CyberC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just had my exam, I do OCR GCSE.

I thought it was great, no hard questions or anything. How did you guys find it?
Kiruuuuu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had my Computer Science GCSE: OCR, today..

I feel like it wasn’t a challenging paper, however I’m realising the mark scheme is either going to be specific and harsh on what the candidates must write or the grade boundaries are going to be fairly high. But yes, the questions weren’t too challenging themselves!
GreenCub
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did AQA paper 1, thought it was okay but definitely lost some marks. Not too many though, it should be fine
iraducanu20
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did AQA paper one for computer science as well. The questions weren't though, but that scares me a little. I don't know how in the world
they will give 9's out. On the other hand, I'm glad I did not embarrass myself.
CyberC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kiruuuuu)
I had my Computer Science GCSE: OCR, today..

I feel like it wasn’t a challenging paper, however I’m realising the mark scheme is either going to be specific and harsh on what the candidates must write or the grade boundaries are going to be fairly high. But yes, the questions weren’t too challenging themselves!
Yeah, if there's one thing I don't like about the computing papers, it's how specific the mark scheme is.

I remember doing a practise paper in class, and the question was about the impact of upgrading the CPU. I put down that it produces more heat and so you would have to buy a better air cooler or a liquid cooler, but it was wrong because it specifically had to be about performance gains, which is annoying.

So I just made sure to think about what the examiner would and wouldn't like.
CyberC
Rep:
?
(Original post by iraducanu20)
I did AQA paper one for computer science as well. The questions weren't though, but that scares me a little. I don't know how in the world
they will give 9's out. On the other hand, I'm glad I did not embarrass myself.
Unless I'm just alot smarter than you, which probably isn't the case, the OCR exam probably was alot easier than the AQA exam, so lucky me I guess
xxlala02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i banged the AQA Computer Science exam, it was so easy
anyone1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Found the ocr cps pretty alright, but I reckon the mark schemes are going to be strict and the grade boundaries high...
GreenCub
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
AQA wasn't too bad, it wasn't hard but I wouldn't say it was "too" easy. Grade boundaries probably won't be too low or high
CyberC
Rep:
?
(Original post by GreenCub)
AQA wasn't too bad, it wasn't hard but I wouldn't say it was "too" easy. Grade boundaries probably won't be too low or high
I disagree. Well, for OCR at least. Computing definitely will have one of the highest grade boundaries, because most people after the exam said the test wasn't bad at all. I've been hearing that AQA was slightly harder, but OCR was pretty easy.
iraducanu20
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CyberC)
I disagree. Well, for OCR at least. Computing definitely will have one of the highest grade boundaries, because most people after the exam said the test wasn't bad at all. I've been hearing that AQA was slightly harder, but OCR was pretty easy.
Lads let us not get too happy too quickly. There is always paper 2
CyberC
Rep:
?
Yeah. If there's one thing I've learnt, it's that paper 2 is the hard one.
Amat3ur
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also do OCR Computer Science and was surprised with the fact that it was a lot easier then the 2018 mock. The only question I actually found tough was the File Management question haha... let’s just wait and see what Paper 2 is going to be like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (46)
17.36%
No one else does (83)
31.32%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.57%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (90)
33.96%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.89%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.26%

Watched Threads